Cycling with other CycleChat members memories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Every now and again I get one of those memories on Facebook reminding me of a ride.
Over the 14 years I've been a member of this forum I've met untold amount of CycleChatters, 250-300 easy, mainly due to the sheer amount of Cycle chatters we used to get on the Sunday London rides and the FNRttC. Many still active on the forum, some not so.

So here's a cycling/cyclechat memory from on this day a few years back, With @jayonabike
I have to admit it was one of my best cycling days. A really nice route put together by Jay.
Boy did we cane this, ending up with a 18+ average. I think we both admitted we worked bloody hard for it. I've never managed an 18+ on a long ride since
1648651569067.png

Here's Jay's original report in the original My Ride Today thread back in 2014

So, why not share your memories of your rides with or meeting fellow Cycle Chatters.

Last edited:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Me (pumping), @Ajax Bay (holding my bike), a friend supporting the signpost.
December of last year.

I used to read about Ian, @Trickedem and I think there was young lady who used to organise the rides. I could sense the excitement and some of ride comments. Also the FNRttC and the night rides. Clearly a happy lot.

I had an enjoyable ride with a Scottish chapter of CC in 2008 (or 2009) on the Pedal for Scotland (Glasgow to Edinburgh).
I think there were about 8-10 of us: Magnatom, Hairy Jock, Goo Mason, Tête de la Course, HLab and a few I’ve forgotten. 🥴
Met quite a few socially: Christmas drink in London 2011 (?), RichP’s in Brighton with a few legends of CC to watch the road race (on TV) from the London Olympics, and Manchester velodrome with Noodley and co.
Long live CC! :cheers:

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I used to read about Ian, @Trickedem and I think there was young lady who used to organise the rides. I could sense the excitement and some of ride comments. Also the FNRttC and the night rides. Clearly a happy lot.
The young lady was Grace, formerly known on here as TTcycle. She married the legendary Tdrinka and they moved to Birmingham. And funnily enough I had drinks and dinner with Grace only last night as she was working in London for a couple of days.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I did a cracking ride with 400bhp who used to post on here. I remember it because it was my wedding anniversary, but my wife was overseas visiting relatives. It was a hot day and we kept up a good average after getting the train to Church Stretton. Stopped at the locally renowned cycle cafe at Audlum for an all day breakfast at about Halfway.

https://www.strava.com/activities/364157221/overview

The young lady was Grace, formerly known on here as TTcycle. She married the legendary Tdrinka and they moved to Birmingham. And funnily enough I had drinks and dinner with Grace only last night as she was working in London for a couple of days.
Yep, now I recall TTcycle. I actually came across a second hand bike purchase I think she made while goggling and taking it in the Tube and CC was mentioned. That how ended up in CC. Had no idea this forum existed until then.

Top Bottom