Cycling with other CycleChat members memories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I’m not the most sociable of CC members but over the years I’ve met a fair number of you excellent people. Here’s a photo of Tim Hall (ex of this parish), @Shadow and @Fnaar after just having powered our way up Box Hill. Revel in our sangfroid! A really good day out with some CC royalty.

I remember it well. Really enjoyed that ride 😊

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Here's a great video by @arallsop of one of our famed Sunday London Rides from back in 2011.
In this vid you can see. myself, @GetFatty @Aperitif @Sittingduck, @topcat1, CyclingMikey of YouTube fame, RedJedi, TinyMyNewt, HaloJ amongst many other cyclechatters (some still on the forum, some still not).
This was the ride when ThreefingeredJoe came over from the USA so we organised the ride to show him the London sights.

Last edited:

bitsandbobs

Über Member
I did an overnight ride in Belgium from Brussels to Oostende a few years ago . I think most of the group were members of CC at one time or another. My strongest memory is of one rider getting tangled up in tramtracks in the middle of Gent and having quite a heavy fall. I was painfully reminded of this a few months ago when I came a cropper at exactly the same spot.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I did an overnight ride in Belgium from Brussels to Oostende a few years ago . I think most of the group were members of CC at one time or another. My strongest memory is of one rider getting tangled up in tramtracks in the middle of Gent and having quite a heavy fall. I was painfully reminded of this a few months ago when I came a cropper at exactly the same spot.

@StuAff I'm thinking
He has history with tram tracks :okay:

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've survived multiple visits to Gent!
Good to hear it ^_^

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I’ve been living abroad for quite a few years now, Finland then Asia, so I haven’t had the opportunity. Hopefully I’ll change that in the future. 😎

I’ve been living abroad for quite a few years now, Finland then Asia, so I haven’t had the opportunity. Hopefully I’ll change that in the future. 😎
I was living in London when Ian/Grace were gathering the massive. I made plans 3 times but due to work travel had to change. On the last occasion, late night had notification I would be free for the London Sunday Ride. Headed to HPC but my seat clamp broke in half (whose ever carries such a spare). It was an ominous sign I was not worthy to join the lot.

I guess you only appreciate things when you are far away or have left.

Ps. Tube staff did not allow me to board despite my seat clamp explanation. Walked all the way to a store.

Trickedem

Guru
July 2011 on the summit of Box Hill. A few cyclechatters on this.

1649789936960.png

Top Bottom