Cycling Workouts: Discussion/Encouragement/Sharing/Banter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Location
Inside my skull
Just replaced my rear tubeless tyre. Any sign of the wear indicators are long gone! Did rim tape whilst I was at it. The miles accumulate quickly over the summer months if your events are ultra distance. Recovery spin after lunch.
 
OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Location
Warwick
With hillclimb season well upon us, I decided that, although I'm over(racing)weight and underfit, I'm going to put a little bit of effort into a few events. I did Anaerobic Blasts on Zwift on Saturday night, which looks straightforward enough - just 6no 30s efforts, seemingly well-spaced, at 'only' 650W.

https://whatsonzwift.com/workouts/le-col-training-with-legends/fabian-cancellara-anaerobic-blasts

They're not short and sharp enough to warrant sim mode so I went erg and the first two felt okay... on the third and fourth, I got a bit of a cadence-dropping death spiral going on, and I dropped the target power on the last two down to 600W, which was just-about manageable.

I'm defending my club HC title on Thursday night - I set a course record of 2:16 last year (540W), but that's going to be tough to match!

Good luck on Thursday :okay:

I did Burton Dassett HC on Sunday - and it is Edge Hill on 20th if you fancy doing it again.
 

Legs

usually riding on Zwift or up steep hills...
Location
Staffordshire
Cheers Martin. I hated Edge Hill when I rode it two years ago! I've actually entered an open event at Hardwick Hall (a sub-two-minute blast) for 20 September instead, with a view to entering Monsal (4 October) if that goes well. Coventry CC are doing the club events on Burton Dassett long course and Edge Hill again on 3 October... we'll see!

I'm not going to do Nationals this year - 4 miles on Porlock Toll Road is not really my scene - I'm not sure my FTP is even 3.5w/kg at the moment.
 
OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Location
Warwick
Today marks the end of any build work for 26. Got an event over weekend, then I will have some time away from structure. Then into base training plus strength build through the winter. Been a long season this year.

Do you do any formal or informal overall review of your season vs the aims at the start of the year?
 

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Location
Inside my skull
Do you do any formal or informal overall review of your season vs the aims at the start of the year?

Informally I review each event as they are happening and after. Do not really do a yearly review. But summary for this year would be everything completed as planned; still need to pay attention to eating and drinking and not push it out too much.

A reminder from the weekend event. You get 12 hours of darkness in late September. Remember that next time you plan to enter a Seotember event that will go through the night…

Now for some time away from structure before easing into base building for next year.
 
I can't believe Im actually looking forwards to indoor training in the evenings.
I had a good 70 miles session with a mate in the daylight and enjoyed that, circa 5mins on, 5mins off, with a good cafe stop half way.
Screenshot_20260930_213825_Chrome.jpg


The evening was a 30miles 4up pace line, circa 2mins on and 6mins off but not that well structured. I could probably do with some more structure, I am a social addict too though :-/

Screenshot_20260930_214404_Chrome.jpg


I took today off and plan my first proper indoor workout for a while tomorrow evening, as long as nobody asks me for a group ride.
 
Top Bottom