Cyclist assaulted by white van man.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The term is " fending off"

" Yes, Officer I did touch the vehicle. It was extremely close, and still coming closer, so I put my hand on the vehicle to push myself away.

Given the dangerous way the vehicle was being driven, fending myself off the vehicle seemed appropriate

The fact that the driver has mistaken his for anything else is really their problem"

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I wouldn't use the term "punishment slap".

Me neither, but I see Mugshot has already helpfully pointed that out.

If they are close enough to be touched they are far, far too close and a slap on the bodywork is no punishment at all, just an audible alert to say to the driver that they are too effin' close.

I agree, although I no longer do it - partly because of the risk of a violent outcome but mainly because it involves me losing 50% of my braking and steering control at a time when I'm great danger. In the few times I have done it, I've never had a productive conversation about it with the errant driver.

GC

DWiggy

Über Member
To be honest with you that pot hole needs sorting as its in a hazardous location causing the cyclist to move making the situation even worst, although the cyclist had the right of way...poor fella

Frood42

I know where my towel is
Good point. Maybe someone who knows where to pinpoint it on a map could report it.

GC

Report it to the man who cycled the world..?

Once a few people had suggested that Sue Perb had slapped the van in OP footage, he went very, very quiet. Not a peep since.

Nobody (I hope) would contend that the resulting actions of the motorist were anything better than bestially violent, but for the OP to say (if it is not so) that he was struck by the van and that the resulting injury would be grounds for a claim, would be disgraceful if true.

Humiliating to be caught in a lie... But much more so when it is footage you've posted to support your deceit that proves you a stranger to the truth.

As Sue Perb already had form (for his execrably sardonic and inconsiderate attitude in his MGIF thread), does this mean that he has withdrawn from CC?

I rather hope so. There are enough unprovoked incidents out there.

Miss Perb. You have rendered yourself Perfluous.

Top Bottom