Cyclist buys his bike back after no help from Police

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"Police have now made contact with the victim."
A bit of police contact with the thief wouldnt go amiss.

He is not a thief. He is an under priveleged member of society who should be given every help possible to make a fresh start. To this end Police are prosecuting the original owner of the bike for harrasment and stalking. In addition he is being asked to pay the full value of the bike - £375 - on top of the £40 he has already laid out. He is being condsidered for prosecution for wasting Police time.

He is not a thief. He is an under priveleged member of society who should be given every help possible to make a fresh start. To this end Police are prosecuting the original owner of the bike for harrasment and stalking. In addition he is being asked to pay the full value of the bike - £375 - on top of the £40 he has already laid out. He is being condsidered for prosecution for wasting Police time.
Can I mitigate on behalf of the owner.

He is young and with his first job and after 6 months of saving up, he bought the bike for £325, a princely sum for him. I am fully aware these are irrelevant but I like it recorded down for context. Claims that he is of the majority, entitled and ignorant of the plight of the common and underprivileged class of society is blatantly untrue. And that he deliberately wasted the time of her Her Majesty's government.

The fact that he paid £325 for a bike of all places from Halfords is damning proof that he is not well versed with the realties of life. Second he went to the Police for relief. Who does that? A mind boggling concept to a common man in this day and age. It again shows a detachment from reality. He clearly is either dim or does not keep up with the changing times. I would say first. Let me repeat the 2 pertinent facts - Halfrods and the Police.

He clearly is either dim or does not keep up with the changing times.
Either way he is not suited to ownership of property and cannot expect our Police State to chase around returning his property to him. If he had securely locked his bike in the approved manner it would never have been stolen. Ergo, he is totally responsible for the losses he has incurred.

I think transportation to the colonies is a fitting punishment.

Either way he is not suited to ownership of property and cannot expect our Police State to chase around returning his property to him. If he had securely locked his bike in the approved manner it would never have been stolen. Ergo, he is totally responsible for the losses he has incurred.

I think transportation to the colonies is a fitting punishment.
Flogging is too good for this neer do well bike loser.

Brads

I fail to understand why anyone would expect plod to be arsed with crimes like this. No money in it for them for a start.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

He is young and with his first job and after 6 months of saving up, he bought the bike for £325, a princely sum for him. I am fully aware these are irrelevant but I like it recorded down for context. Claims that he is of the majority, entitled and ignorant of the plight of the common and underprivileged class of society is blatantly untrue. And that he deliberately wasted the time of her Her Majesty's government.

The fact that he paid £325 for a bike of all places from Halfords is damning proof that he is not well versed with the realties of life. Second he went to the Police for relief. Who does that? A mind boggling concept to a common man in this day and age. It again shows a detachment from reality. He clearly is either dim or does not keep up with the changing times. I would say first. Let me repeat the 2 pertinent facts - Halfrods and the Police.

You might wish to point out that you were being Sarcastic.

But - well - Now - IF these damn bicyclists were properly regulated and paid road tax and had insurance and had number plates - probably attached to the compulsory helmets - then he could have just claimed the value of the bicycle on his insurance and then paid more for insurance next year and hence put more money into the economy and helped the recovery of the UK after the damn foreigners inflicted this virus upon us

Err - would that do - I'm thinking of a career writing for the Daily Mail and this may be my application example

(post may include sarcasm - just in case someone misses it)

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

You might wish to point out that you were being Sarcastic.

Apologies, I've reread your post and there is no sarchasm.

byegad

Legendary Member
But - well - Now - IF these damn bicyclists were properly regulated and paid road tax and had insurance and had number plates - probably attached to the compulsory helmets - then he could have just claimed the value of the bicycle on his insurance and then paid more for insurance next year and hence put more money into the economy and helped the recovery of the UK after the damn foreigners inflicted this virus upon us

Err - would that do - I'm thinking of a career writing for the Daily Mail and this may be my application example

(post may include sarcasm - just in case someone misses it)
How you expect a lefty looney comment like this to influence the Daily Heil into employing you I don't know? There's no mention of flogging, National Service or the Empire for starters.

Top Bottom