Cyclist dies in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
RIP :sad:

Leodis

Veteran
We could ban them and make the drivers do this...

http-inlinethumb41.webshots.com-5928-2732919050104237032S425x425Q85.jpg

Reactions: gaz

Recycle

Über Member
Very sad news again, its time some government invested throughout the country in cycling. We would have the worlds best cycling infrastructure if they dropped the London cross link and HS2.

Perhaps we should spend less money invading other countries. The diversion of funds to cycle infrastructure would result in less people killed by bombs and lorries.

Leodis

Veteran
Perhaps we should spend less money invading other countries. The diversion of funds to cycle infrastructure would result in less people killed by bombs and lorries.

We could be cycling through bomb craters if we didnt invade countries. Maybe we should bomb the lorries?

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 2549149, member: 30090"]The concept is great. But I'm afraid unworkable.[/quote]The Irish have managed it in Dublin, so maybe not as unworkable as you think.
Though they do have Gaybo, from the Late Late Show on their road safety group.

subaqua

What’s the point
is there any way that tipper lorries can be banned during the rush hour.
aah yes the lets move the problem solution , rather than actaully solve the problem .

Is it better toi kill cyclists out of peak hours then? and define peak hours ? its busy in the Centre with ALL types of vehicles from about 6 am to 8pm.

Maybe proper training for drivers of lorries entering the GLA LEZ, and all being members of the FORS http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/projectsandschemes/24418.aspx scheme might help reduce cyclist deaths.

The company i work for has just put several of its site managers through the FORS scheme so we can administer it properly and ensure the lorries leaving and arriving at our sites are driven safely.

and until the investigation is concluded it would be folly to speculate on the exact cause.

I will be going to the protest tomorrow

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 2549655, member: 30090"]
The Irish have managed it in Dublin, so maybe not as unworkable as you think.
Though they do have Gaybo, from the Late Late Show on their road safety group.

Dublin has 1/14 the population of London and is smaller than London..[/quote]

Bear in mind there is a major port & ferry terminal on the North Wall. Stobart have a new depot there. Major depots on both sides of the Liffey. And still they managed it.

Why can we at least not try!

Part time cyclist

Über Member
I walked past this scene today and the mangled bike was still under the lorry, the forensic tent was pitches at the rear and bits were strewn along the road it was sickening.

Buddfox

Veteran
I walked past this scene today and the mangled bike was still under the lorry, the forensic tent was pitches at the rear and bits were strewn along the road it was sickening.

Any sense as to what happened? I noticed the tipper truck was stopped across two lanes (the dividing line running under the centre of the truck) so I wondered if it was changing from one lane to the other. One of the dangers of that junction is everyone trying to get in the right lane in about 50m of road space, always a bit chaotic.

OP
OP
veloevol

veloevol

Evo Lucas
Any sense as to what happened? I noticed the tipper truck was stopped across two lanes (the dividing line running under the centre of the truck) so I wondered if it was changing from one lane to the other. One of the dangers of that junction is everyone trying to get in the right lane in about 50m of road space, always a bit chaotic.

The standard had an interview with the waiter who witnessed the incident.

Top Bottom