Cyclist Down - A560 Junction Bredbury Stockport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Picked bike up and dropped it off. Slight buckle to wheel, but scuffed up shifters, crank, bust bottle, and a couple of bent spokes.

Police charging driver for the illegal manoeuvre.

Had a good chat with the fella and his missus, both were laughing at the report I had sent them as they could tell I'd done it before.

He just has to sort a solicitor out. He'll be sore in the morning though.

Gez73

Veteran
I cycle that road everyday. Cars will routinely do u turns when travelling from Woodley with red lights on their right turn towards the Motorway. They stay in the left lane then swing around to avoid a right filter on red and join the traffic travelling in the other direction and take advantage of their left filter light. I work just beyond the motorway junction further down the road at Robinsons. They also try three point turns when having cut through Morrissons to avoid the same lights despite there being a concrete reservation in the middle of the road to prevent this very practice. Very silly. Well done for your help and to the pub staff too. The Travellers Call I assume? The things people do to avoid red lights and tiny delay.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Cars will routinely do u turns when travelling from Woodley with red lights on their right turn towards the Motorway. They stay in the left lane then swing around to avoid a right filter on red and join the traffic travelling in the other direction and take advantage of their left filter light.............The things people do to avoid red lights and tiny delay.
Went through here last night on my way to and from work and decided this must be what the driver was attempting to do so I back up your theory on this. Glad to hear the cyclist doesn't sound to be seriously injured and hope he hasa full and speedy recovery.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Went through here last night on my way to and from work and decided this must be what the driver was attempting to do so I back up your theory on this. Glad to hear the cyclist doesn't sound to be seriously injured and hope he hasa full and speedy recovery.

That's also what the pub landlord said - happens regular - beating the filter, as the right turn lane is on red much longer than the straight on lanes are. TBH it's backed up with the copper charging the driver.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
TBH it's backed up with the copper charging the driver.

This incident has really hit home for me as it is slap bang at the midway point of my commute and I pass it in both directions. I'm glad the cops are charging the driver, perhaps he should have his licence suspended for a month and be forced to travel by bicycle, that would focus his attention a bit more I think?

By the way Fossy, don't miss an opportunity here. Get the victim signed up as a CycleChat member!

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

This incident has really hit home for me as it is slap bang at the midway point of my commute and I pass it in both directions. I'm glad the cops are charging the driver, perhaps he should have his licence suspended for a month and be forced to travel by bicycle, that would focus his attention a bit more I think?

By the way Fossy, don't miss an opportunity here. Get the victim signed up as a CycleChat member!

Might have to do that.

The accident is less than a mile from home for me, and I also pass through every day. But my brother saw the aftermath, and a number of kids from school saw it, even spotted me as they drove past. My sister has now asked me to stop cycling to work :sad:.

Top Bottom