Cyclist down lewisham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
:sad: Wishing the cyclist the best recovery.

There was a cyclist fatality on Catford Bridge, only a couple of hundred metres away from there not long ago. And a pedestrin hit & run not long before that. Those two railway bridges (the bridge over at Catford Bridge Station and the bridge under at Catford Station cause all kinds of road narrowing, humps, bends and so on requiring drivers to concentrate on what they are doing. Not to mention hazards from the bus stops with people crossing and buses pulling out. And nutters turning right out of side roads despite the no right turn signs.

I too generally avoid the S Circular. In fact I often push my bike over Catford Bridge and take the stairs down to the pedestrian tunnel that goes under it.
I used to hate those two bridges. I used to go up Perry Hill to get home. Absolute carnage every day in that little bottleneck.

Then I moved house, so I used to turn left down Canadian Avenue then go through Bellingham to Beckenham Hill instead. Such a relief.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
My worst ever experience on those two bridges was a ride heading towards catford. Involved a cyclist.
I was in that very narrow cycle lane.
I went up the inside of an hgv but judged it safe as the traffic was stationary and i would be past in no time. In other words the movement of the truck was predictable.
Then a mumpty "cyclist" came up the inside of me! Could have had me under the truck. I chased him down and tried to educate him but he understood nothing.
Take care folks.
Best wishes sent to the injured cyclist.

Top Bottom