Cyclist down - Midlothian A7 Dalkeith

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Cyclist injured in hit & run:

A driver who struck a cyclist in a hit-and-run on a roundabout in Midlothian is being sought by police.

The incident happened at about 17:30 on Tuesday on the A7 at Eskbank roundabout in Dalkeith.

A 35-year-old female cyclist was on the roundabout travelling from east to west when she was hit by a northbound car.

The car, which was small and dark blue, failed to give way at the roundabout. The vehicle then failed to stop and continued towards Sheriffhall.

PC Keith Smith, of Police Scotland, said: "The cyclist sustained minor injuries from this incident, and we're keen to trace the driver of the car."

GC

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I hope the lady will be OK and recovers soon and I hope if they every find the driver they throw the f ... book at them

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Just an observation @glasgowcyclist - but if you're using "Cyclist Down" as a thread title for someone killed, wouldn't it be better to find a different way of titling someone slightly injured?

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Just an observation @glasgowcyclist - but if you're using "Cyclist Down" as a thread title for someone killed, wouldn't it be better to find a different way of titling someone slightly injured?

There used to be a sub-forum titled Cyclist Down and it was for any incident where a cyclist was down, whether at the hands of another road user or not and regardless of injury level. I don't know why it was removed as it was useful for recording in one place RTCs involving cyclists that were publicised. They are often accompanied by an appeal for witnesses so it seems sensible to publish them here on CC. There is/was someone on the forum who kept a spreadsheet of these incidents and their outcomes.

Cyclist down means only that, it doesn't mean there's been a fatality. Using that in the title makes it easier to search the forum for such incidents in case there's follow-up information available to update them.

GC

Top Bottom