Cyclist down - Sky News presenter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting ... coverage like this could be good or bad

Methinks a National News Story may either encourage the offender to hand themselves in, or will drive them under cover

Amazing really. Accidents get reported as, car hits cyclist, or cyclist has accident with a car.

Now it's a news reporter, and all of a sudden a PERSON in a car hits them. They then get a lift home with him and his bike by the police. Seems like a different standard compared to when it's anybody else.

Amazing really. Accidents get reported as, car hits cyclist, or cyclist has accident with a car.

Now it's a news reporter, and all of a sudden a PERSON in a car hits them. They then get a lift home with him and his bike by the police. Seems like a different standard compared to when it's anybody else.
What?

The description of the "guy in car" was a direct quote from the victim. That's usually missing from the most reports.

As for being driven home? The police offered to drive me home after I broke my clavicle. It seemed pretty standard. They couldn't drive me to the hospital because of liability issues (H&S gone mad!) so I had to get a minicab.

I was witness to an accident, Police arranged for the bike to be looked after near the scene, then collected and delivered it

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Sky's usually not too bad about reporting cycling - a bit too uncritical of politicians and snake oil "safety equipment" salespeople, if anything, but not often too bad. Now, if only they could have a word with their stablemates at The Sun :rolleyes:

Top Bottom