Cyclist down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
. Did some one post a sticky about what to do in the event of being taken down by a moton? As yet again there will be 10 pages of repitition of what to do. Nothing against this but it would be easier if there was a page for those offed

Click ' Forums ' top left of page.
Click on ' Commuting ' and see four stickies at the top.
Click on the fourth stickie ' Statement Template '
I hope this helps.

All the best Fluffy.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Simba

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
Update, police are coming round today and got a call off a solictor about a claim against him

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Update, police are coming round today and got a call off a solictor about a claim against him

Sounds encouraging.

was the solicitor a cold call to you or was he the Knuckle draggers solicitor?if it was the draggers, this sounds like excellent news.

So, how you feeling, whats the deal with the shoulder is it just strapped up or do you need any "work" done on it?

hope your not feeling too sore it looks like the police are taking it seriously for you too, so perhaps you can rest up for a bit and let them get on with it.

OP
OP
Simba

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
Sounds encouraging.

was the solicitor a cold call to you or was he the Knuckle draggers solicitor?if it was the draggers, this sounds like excellent news.

So, how you feeling, whats the deal with the shoulder is it just strapped up or do you need any "work" done on it?

hope your not feeling too sore it looks like the police are taking it seriously for you too, so perhaps you can rest up for a bit and let them get on with it.

I called them, using that bikeline that Arch gave me. Shoulder hurts like hell and last night in bed I felt the bone move, dont need an operation though.Its in a sling and I take pain killers as an when I need to.

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
Oh my gosh so sorry to hear about your accident! Hope you recover well! Hugs to you (((((((()))))))))))

I second the suggestion to write everything down before your memory fades! When I got knocked off I did this the very next day otherwise it would have been a bit of a blur!

My driver wasn't keen on reporting the incident either and lied afterwards about whether or not they were indicating! (I was also doored!)

Please keep us updated and let us know if the driver was insured! Hope your Solicitor gets you a good claim - people need to be more bloody careful and as for being unhelpful at the side of the road I can't even think of words strong enough!! xx

Crankarm

Guru
I called them, using that bikeline that Arch gave me. Shoulder hurts like hell and last night in bed I felt the bone move, dont need an operation though.Its in a sling and I take pain killers as an when I need to.

:eek: .

Who are Bikeline as I've never heard of them?

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Bikeline/Alyson France & Co solicitors

Police have called back and I have his name and who he is insured with.

Phew1 I was worried he'd tun out to be uninsured, unregistered and untracable. It should be plain sailing from here (albeit it a long sail I suspect). Plenty of time to rest up and get better. A pal of mine broke his collarbone while we were on the squash court and it smarted a fair bit for a week, once the bone started to knit it soon settled down. and he was just left with restricted movement for a about 6 weeks.

He had no long term effects at all and is back to full mobility now

But, main thing is... the pain stopped after about 10 days! ...he even tried driving after the 2nd week, untill we all told him he was bloody stupid!

Crankarm

Guru
Bikeline/Alyson France & Co solicitors

Police have called back and I have his name and who he is insured with.

:blush: .

Looks like the driver is well and truly kippered. A broken collar bone as well as being quite a serious injury
will mean a fairly significant payout plus your other injuries. You may suffer from Post Traumatic Stress as well, lost earnings, pain suffering loss of amenity, loss of earnings, disadvantage on the jobs market .............. repairs/replacement of your bike and property. It all adds up.

Give everything to making sure your injuries heal as best they can. Do not carry on with normal physical activities or tasks until you are 100% fully healed.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Good luck with the legal route fluffy (push for criminal proceedings as well as a civil claim) and I hope you make a full recovery.

How come your right shoulder got busted and not your left - did you turn to the left on impact?

Top Bottom