Cyclist "hit and run" Daily Mail bum gravy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
User said:
The photograph accompanying the Wail article show that the bollards are in the road - not on the pavement, so you may well be right. I tmay also be that the cyclist was paying attention - but had little or no time to react.

Cycling in London, you soon learn that there are lemming pedestrians...

I know, the amount of times I cycle through Canary Wharf, peds make eye contact with me then step out, then they make eye contact with the spinning chain ring sticking out the front and go pale and run. It's like a giant game of skittles some days.

yenrod

London journo's have to hype things up to make up for the excitement of some religous saddos blowing the place up !

postman

Legendary Member
The Mail.My dad took the Mail when it was a full size paper.It has been a major part of my daily life ever since.I am 58,but just lately i am disturbed by reading from you guys and gals about some of the reporting.To such an extent that as from today they have lost my trade.I am going to put the 50p into a jam jar.When i feel like a paper.Then might treat myself.Good bye Daily Wail.

hackbike 6

What the press writes should be taken with a pinch of salt half the time.

They really do write up some total bo55ox about the railways sometimes but unfortunately mug punters lap this up.

Tynan

Veteran
from the picture the house opens right onto the pavement which is very narrow indeed

so all about whether the cyclist and child were on the pavement or the road, that's never said for some strange reason, I suspect the good ol' Mail would have said if it was on the pavement

it's a disgusting hateful, scare mongering, xenophobic, lying rag

Tynan

Veteran
the mother in law reads it and comes out with the most ridiculous nonsense that she reads in it, mostly about immigrants raping and stabbing and sponging our benefits

I flicked through a copy and genuinely found it detestable, I tried to ban it from the house

benjus

Tynan said:
immigrants raping and stabbing and sponging our benefits

Don't forget "eating our swans"... that's a perennial favourite on a slow news day.

Tynan

Veteran
ah but they do, that's a fact, one of my mates was offered a swan by some east europeans down Clapton way

the number of swans on the Lea has plummeted

they drag the lakes for fish as well

jamesgibby

I have known the background to two stories printed in the mail they were both reported incorrectly. Have not believed a word they printed since, I regard it as a comic rather than a news paper. I assume it is bought by people who are too embarrassed to buy children’s comics any more.

Tynan

Veteran
a cimic is harmless inane fun, the mail is anything but, it's preaching hate and intolerance and fear to a lot of people that take it as gospel

'hurrah for the blackshirts!' and all that

Jaded

TwickenhamCyclist said:
I wouldn’t even wipe my arse with a copy of The Daily Mail – it’s a load of ignorant racist bigoted bile

Hmmm. I didn't think it was as good as that!

I told my sister in law to get a refund for a copy of the DM when I stayed with them once. "Why?" "I can only find four stories about Diana."

OP
OP
S

spindrift

This is the power of blogging people, power to the cyclists, we got a story changed. Daily Mail? I sh1t 'em.

Top Bottom