Cyclist on London Bridge last night (warning: contains rant)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CotterPin

North side of London Bridge - one lane has turned into two lanes for left and right turning traffic. Private vehicles have to wait to the last few hundred feet before moving into the left turn lane because it was a bus lane before that.

Ahead of me is a car indicating to pull into the lefthand lane. I slow down and allow it to move in in front of me. A cyclist appears alongside me and promptly starts squeezing through the narrowing gap as the car pulls in front of me. He then starts giving the driver grief for "getting in his way" - it is mostly gesticulating - before disappearing up the right hand lane.

The cyclist then promptly jumps the red lights. ;)

What part of this cretin's brain cells thinks that a car legitimately and safely pulling into another lane is bad but a cyclist jumping lights is not. No wonder motorists get p1ssed off with us when they have to put up with moronic behaviour from idiots like this.

One born every minute mate!!

The other night I witnessed a guy squeezing up the inside of a bus which was clearly pulling up to a bust stop. By the time he got to the front of the bus he was doing the one foot pushing along the kerb manuover(sp?)

you'd think that because cyclists are at more danger than a car (if you disagree then try having a head on collision with one, and see if im right) that we would all take enough care, and be obliging and kind to other road users- ie treat others how we wish them to treat us.- but thats just not the case, tw*ts are using all sorts of transport these days..

Mr Pig

I think that cyclists over say seventeen should need to pass a test and have a licence to ride on the road. And they should get points, fines and bans the same as any other road user. That's why there are so many twerps on the road, lack of accountability.

Jaded

Mr Pig said:
I think that cyclists over say seventeen should need to pass a test and have a licence to ride on the road. And they should get points, fines and bans the same as any other road user. That's why there are so many twerps on the road, lack of accountability.

Does holding a licence stop people think they should be able to drive at 70mph on a motorway regardless of what is in front?

OP
OP
CotterPin

CotterPin

Mr Pig said:

Funnily enough, 100 yards up the road as I was approaching a w*nker in a car (who I have reason to believe may have passed a test and may hold a licence to be drive) try to cut me up.

As has been pointed out many times before an idiot is an idiot no matter what form of transport he is using.

Animal

Last I heard, 3500 people per year were KILLED on UK roads by people who had "passed tests"

jmaccyd

The key is of course is that we all have responsability to ensure that collisions don't occur, whatever the right-or-wrongs of the situation.

Top Bottom