Cyclist Palsy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member

OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
Not cycling through the Outer Hebrides is never a good decision.
Fair point, well made :smile: I will get to go and ride there though. Next year now.
My only defence was the 50mph + winds with the tail end of the storms, a very wet week and and the fact we were camping all week in very small tents. Basically we wimped out!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
Ouch. Or not ouch. Numb. I used a brick trowel on a wall I was building that had a handle that was too small for me and received a similar injury. 6 months till I got the feeling back properly.
Hope you are fully recovered and hope my mate is back fighting fit sooner than that

OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
Before I read this I thought it could be some kind of joke post.

Actually very interesting actually. I receive numbness when riding in these fingers, and assumed it was too much pressure/ weight on ulnar never - looking at those pictures it seems it could be bad position/stretching of the ulnar nerve..

I will try to think about this when next out and it starts and have more trying to change positionsort etc..
I do still think it's too much pressure as one pair of gloves I bought seemed to stop it, but I lost them and forgot which they were (doh)

Nice reading though. Never had it prolonged but deforestation same sort of thing.
I'd never heard of it before either. This website gave me some more information
https://www.physio-pedia.com/Cyclist's_palsy

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Amazing, no evidence whatsoever to suggest that the palsy is involved and get the coroner is commenting upon it. They're supposed to weigh the evidence, not indulge in speculation.

That is ridiculous. It will not stop you controlling your bike but in my case, it made changing gear with my left hand awkward. By the way. I always ride on the hoods or the top of the bar and never on the drops.

I suffered with it quite a bit on TT's over 10miles last year. It took several months to dissipate. This year I can't remember ever suffering from it but Ive hardly done any tt's. I'm no medical expert but it might have been the extra weight on the elbows cutting off the blood supply to the Ulnar nerve or the angle of the hand, the extra weight on the lower hand near the Ulnar or a combination :wacko:

OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
I suffered with it quite a bit on TT's over 10miles last year. It took several months to dissipate. This year I can't remember ever suffering from it but Ive hardly done any tt's. I'm no medical expert but it might have been the extra weight on the elbows cutting off the blood supply to the Ulnar nerve or the angle of the hand, the extra weight on the lower hand near the Ulnar or a combination :wacko:
The months is worrying but At least not permanent. Glad you are ok now

Top Bottom