Cyclist, please "Dip, don't dazzle."

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biscuitfrisky

Even a legal light or a light with a nice cut off to the beam will dazzle if pointed in people's faces.

But whatever light you want, but point it at the blooming tarmac...Simples.

That was my point, i don't see how I am a "menace" if I have a low beam light with a pulse/strobe aiming at the tarmac.

And to the post about being far enough away to spot potential car manouveriing, should I just get in a car and wait in the traffic with everyone else?!

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I always thought that was a good idea for a little extra attention, we dont think this is a good idea?

I used to think the same. But what a flashing light tells drivers is that there's a bicycle approaching. 99% of drivers think that the bicyclist will be moving very slowly, so there's plenty of time to pull out. Unfortunately, many cyclists are capable of cruising at 20, or sprinting at 30 or even more downhill, so the last thing I want to do is advertise the fact that I'm a cyclist. A good, strong, diffused light looks more like a motorbike approaching (especially in the dark) and I've had far fewer 'pull-outers" since going from flash to constant light. I have 2XBlackburn 4.0s and a MegaFlare on the back. The MegaFlare is awesome!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MegaFlare...CommercialVehicleParts_SM&hash=item3cc333e959

Top Bottom