Cyclist side swiped(shocking story) Police fake report

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PerryC

Regular
Jesus man that even sounds scary did you need to go to the hospital at all? Did the jeep even stop?

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
That video's getting a lot of publicity, and is of course being discussed on a few Australian cycling forums, and has hit the mainstream media too. Hopefully, something good will come out of this publicity :sad:. I'm glad right now that I don't live in the State of Queensland, because it's had way too many cyclist incidents this year.

format

Über Member
God, sweaty palms watching this, mostly bringing back memories of my crash a few months ago. Ugh, poor bloke. Hope the police get what they deserve.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
This has been discussed somewhere already. (Ah, thanks Dan!)

Cycling Dan - if your stuck key is supposed to be asking the mods to intervene, you need to report the post and give a reason.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
The same cyclist featured in that rather upsetting video above has just had another close encounter, but thankfully not a hit this time. The only problem is that the police are refusing to take any action, even though Australia's state of Queensland's new close-overtaking laws have been breached in this incident. As one Australian forum member said: a law not enforced is no law :angry:.
http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=75578
So even though the 1.5m close overtaking law was introduced, which gave hope to many cyclists, it seems that enforcing the law will take more time and lobbying by Australian cyclists. Very disappointing.

Top Bottom