Cyclist takes extreme action ?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Cyclis...r-s-ignition/story-25900441-detail/story.html

There have been times when this approach felt justifiable to prevent danger to life & limb but I haven't ever succumbed to the temptation.... Will be interesting to see if the story develops at all.

The real crime is shorts and high viz in January

Used to be a similar trick in London

(Allegedly) traffic wardens used to get fed up with vehicles being parked illegally and then getting away with it through diplomatic immunity or similar

The answer was to break off twigs, matchsticks or old keys in the door lock, preventing the vehicle being accessed and also imposing large repair bills

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I can say I've been close to doing this a few times. One time when waiting at a junction and some plonker drove into my back wheel pinning the bike in the upright position. Guy even refused to put his hazards on and started shouting about getting on the pavement so I sauntered over to his drivers window and visibly saw him shrink down.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Used to be a similar trick in London

(Allegedly) traffic wardens used to get fed up with vehicles being parked illegally and then getting away with it through diplomatic immunity or similar

The answer was to break off twigs, matchsticks or old keys in the door lock, preventing the vehicle being accessed and also imposing large repair bills

Wouldn't really help these days, what with remote locking, keyless start, etc. Probably better just to kick the mirror off

Drago

Legendary Member
You'd have to be about 9 feet tall to kick my mirrors off. I'm quite glad I have the armoured personnel carrier.

Top Bottom