Cyclist threatened with legal action over near miss posting.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru

I was just looking at that. Threatening the barrister really takes the idiocy to another level. Not only it keeps the company in the spotlight, the solicitor that wrote the letter are also likely to find themselves in hot water.

Here's the Black Belt Barrister response

View: https://youtu.be/X4OYe1Bwzh0?si=bG1P9y6v9-b_RqL8

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
After having a good laugh at the silly company drawing attention to themselves to begin with I've not been following this. I'd not watched any of the Barrister videos before (in fact I had never heard of him). I've just caught up.

In his second video, BB Barrister says that (he understands that) the driver was prosecuted. Just after 1 minute into the video.

Question: Was the driver prosecuted? I must have missed that.

By the way, the video is up to 783k views now.

C R

Guru
After having a good laugh at the silly company drawing attention to themselves to begin with I've not been following this. I'd not watched any of the Barrister videos before (in fact I had never heard of him). I've just caught up.

In his second video, BB Barrister says that (he understands that) the driver was prosecuted. Just after 1 minute into the video.

Question: Was the driver prosecuted? I must have missed that.

By the way, the video is up to 783k views now.

It is a bit unclear what happened to the driver. I understand that the company shared with the cyclist a letter from the met offering an awareness course and conditional points.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I also notice that in the first Barrister video where he shows a screenshot of the original video, the vid title includes the name of the company. It has now been edited to exclude this bit of info.

markemark

Über Member
Is it certain that the latest letter from the company is actually a solicitor and not the owner pretending to be all legalese?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
TBH I don't think leaving bad reviews for a company you have never interacted with youself, but have read about them behaving badly is a particularly big or clever thing to do. There again I never leave reviews, good or bad, even for companies I have dealt with, because the whole concept is fundamentally flawed.

But if I get down off my high horse for a moment, I must confess it's quite funny to witness.

Top Bottom