Cyclists gets a finger wag !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't you get it yet?????
It is my opinion, my bloody choice fgs.

I've already stated it is up to the individual what they want to wear riding their own bike, they can ride it butt naked for all I care.....is that clear enough for you?
Cool. So in answer to the op the police shouldn't have been wasting their time. Quite a few people agree with you as this is what we were saying for the first few pages. . Glad it's cleared up.

Reactions: mjr

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
Got it - guy at the back - hi-viz undies ... now there's a thing that might catch on: :laugh:

3067941.jpg

martint235

Dog on a bike
If a driver is looking, he still might not see you if you're dressed in black or other dark clothing. If he/she is looking you have a better chance of being seen in high viz.That goes for pedestrians as well
If a driver is looking and doesn't see the two Hope 1s at the front or the two bright lights at the back then what I'm wearing won't make the slightest difference to whether he hits me or not.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I remember riding home from school, peering for the verge in the dim glow of never-readies
They don't make 'em like they used to.
image_2014-04-12.jpg

I got stopped by a copper whilst riding home one night as I didn't have my front light on, the problem was that the battery (which I had probably put in brand new about 15 minutes beforehand) was virtually flat so I was only flicking it on as I approached a junction. Copper said it was a good idea and let me carry on my way and I got home without being squished, miraculous really.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
View attachment 333833
I got stopped by a copper whilst riding home one night as I didn't have my front light on, the problem was that the battery (which I had probably put in brand new about 15 minutes beforehand) was virtually flat so I was only flicking it on as I approached a junction. Copper said it was a good idea and let me carry on my way and I got home without being squished, miraculous really.
I had the joy of coming to an abrupt standstill when one of those front lights ended up in my front wheel after the bracket came loose.......I still have the scars from the aftermath of landing on freshly laid gravel on the road :B):cry:

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
I had the joy of coming to an abrupt standstill when one of those front lights ended up in my front wheel after the bracket came loose.......I still have the scars from the aftermath of landing on freshly laid gravel on the road :B):cry:
My rear did the same (because the nuts always seem to rattle loose and the light would drop down the stay), but thankfully didn't throw me off - made one hell of a noise though - they were solid bloody things. :eek:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
My rear did the same (because the nuts always seem to rattle loose and the light would drop down the stay), but thankfully didn't throw me off - made one hell of a noise though - they were solid bloody things. :eek:
I ended up in hospital and the nurse thought I had been riding a motorbike with the amount of torn flesh and blood I had on show :eek: I now wear those scars with pride :whistle:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Thank the gods! :laugh: I do sometimes wonder if the time spent in my youth trying to discern black tarmac from dark green verge in a dim yellow glow has anything to do with why my eyesight is very strange about contrast/brightness perception. I was cycling straight at the sun on a couple of sections of Saturday's 100k and took the front because others said they couldn't see - I could, but the view was almost inverted with road markings looking like black paint on a very light grey road. :eek:

You've two Hopes. Bob Hope and no hope.

<rimshot>
When is the next series of great motorcycle journeys on?

Top Bottom