cyclists of the dordogne

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Lovely cycling territory, whereabouts? Sorry no help on the club stuff, just enjoy pedalling around the place when we can get there

Drago

Legendary Member
The Dordogne is lovely. Unfortunately, I could hever live there - I'm a big kid, and for reasons known only to God will snigger uncontrollably at the mention of the name.

footloose crow

Über Member
Apologies if you know all this already!

The Office de Tourisme in each town have information on local cycle routes both on and off road if you ask them. Or google rides in dordogne. Or the cycle.travel website has a number of suggested rides which you can filter by length. There are some good rides along the Dordogne valley on a mixture of quiet lanes and gravel and also the Cele and Lot valleys south of you are good rides. Heading away from the rivers rides accumulate altitude quite quickly. 100km rides tend to have 1500m of uphill.

Sarlat seems to be a central hub for riding and there is a club based there whose jerseys I have seen. We have a holiday static caravan near Gourdon and enjoy the riding in this area and in the Quercy. The roads are pretty quiet outside July and August when it is too hot anyway unless you get up early of course.

Looking forward to getting out there this year if the pandemic retreats and France opens its border again.

OP
OP
nicholas

nicholas

Über Member
Apologies if you know all this already!

The Office de Tourisme in each town have information on local cycle routes both on and off road if you ask them. Or google rides in dordogne. Or the cycle.travel website has a number of suggested rides which you can filter by length. There are some good rides along the Dordogne valley on a mixture of quiet lanes and gravel and also the Cele and Lot valleys south of you are good rides. Heading away from the rivers rides accumulate altitude quite quickly. 100km rides tend to have 1500m of uphill.

Sarlat seems to be a central hub for riding and there is a club based there whose jerseys I have seen. We have a holiday static caravan near Gourdon and enjoy the riding in this area and in the Quercy. The roads are pretty quiet outside July and August when it is too hot anyway unless you get up early of course.

Looking forward to getting out there this year if the pandemic retreats and France opens its border again.
thank you for the info will check this out

Top Bottom