"cyclists stay back" stickers, tfl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
The comments section shows many cyclists are upset with these stickers. Looks like I'm different and don't see the problem, at least its never bothered me. What do these commenters want? Instead of "cyclists stay back" it seems they want "dear cyclists, please stay away from this large vehicle if at all possible and if you are unable to, please take extreme caution and pass as safely as you can".

By the time I've finished reading that, it'll... Anyway.

I saw another post here from a couple of months back and someone suggested just having "CYCLISTS PASS WIDE" which seems fine to me, but wouldn't be surprised if many are offended by that too.

http://road.cc/content/news/120553-new-low-tfl-refuses-order-removal-cyclists-stay-back-stickers

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The stickers are fine imo. Tells me to stay back from the vehicle of which I would be more then happy to do. However there are far more sensitive needy souls on bikes out there who need their hands holding.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
The stickers are fine imo. Tells me to stay back from the vehicle of which I would be more then happy to do. However there are far more sensitive needy souls on bikes out there who need their hands holding.
You might even say that they need their punctures changed for them :laugh: :bravo:

I'll get my coat.

It is more annoying when vehicles with cyclist warning stickers (in general, not tfl) hurtle past inches away. I assume that the close pass would then be okay because there was a sticker warning me to keep away

Also that in the event of a collision, injury or fatality, the presence of the sticker could indeed serve to reduce culpability as it would be "part of a responsible scheme" etc etc..

However an inquest has been told that a deceased cyclist had failed to observe a “cyclists stay back” sticker, as if that somehow meant they were at fault.

anyone know that case?

murphy.jpg

wtf?

Top Bottom