"cyclists stay back" stickers, tfl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
[QUOTE 3210441, member: 259"]Dropbars, please![/QUOTE]
Sorted...
handle.png

EthelF

Rain God
I think it's a question of creeping up to a parked one - stealth is the key!

Tricky. A lot of vehicles displaying those stickers also sport ones saying "Pedestrians, avoid walking close to this vehicle at any time". Presumably put there to discourage people from trying to peel off the other stickers. Cunning.

EthelF

Rain God
Another variation on the theme: this morning I saw a tipper with "If you can read this I can't see you" written on the lower section of the passenger door.
I had 2 issues with this:
1. I thought lorries are supposed to have mirrors so that the driver CAN see anybody alongside the cab?
2. The lettering was so large I could easily read it from lane 1 while the tipper was in lane 4. How much space exactly does the driver need?

I also noticed that just about every larger vehicle now is sporting multiple warning signs, it's as if tgey have been proliferating while this thread has been going on!

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I suggested on the TFL lorry questionnaire that any vehicle that 'needed' a sticker on the back should also have one on the dashboard saying "remember, there may be cyclists or pedestrians near this vehicle" or similar. Both sides should be warned, that gets rid of the 'But I've got a sticker' syndrome.

I was following a flat bed thing today and the sticker was so small it was impossible to read until you were almost on top of it (lots of writing in the 'don't pass on the left hand side of this vehicle' vein) I was half expecting it to say 'if you can read this you're already too close'.

Top Bottom