"cyclists stay back" stickers, tfl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I could easily knock up some "lorries stay back" stickers for my jersey at work. Maybe I should get a bunch made as pretty much the only time I find my self with a lorry to my side is when the lorry decides to pull up along side me. I then have to hope that he doesn't decide to turn across me.

Maybe if enough cyclists wore them the lorries might get the hint!
new.jpg

I'd love one that says
"Motorists, don't overtake me near junctions or when I'm signalling right"

(then possibly followed by some very small swearing words...or if you can read this I'm on your bonnet aren't I?)

stowie

Legendary Member
Sainsburys has just announced a trial with "hi-tec" lorries designed to minimise risk to pedestrians and cyclists

To be fair, the modifications look quite well considered. However, they have taken the cyclist warning sticker to a whole new level..

rear.jpg

Interestingly, the article says that there is a 360 degree view of the whole truck on a monitor in the cab, as well as warning systems to flag up any cyclists or pedestrians near the lorry. Then the article says that stickers warning of blind spots are put in strategic locations around the lorry. I wonder how many degrees they need above 360 to eliminate these blind spots?

Tynan

Veteran
been said but the issue is that it's in the imperative as if you're retarded

I'm all in favour of advice to take into consideration, be aware that, warning ... etc

whoever has no right whatsoever to tell you how to ride

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Can't tell from that video if the car was already there and it was the M+S lorry being stupid or vice versa.
Thought the lorry was going to reverse into the bus... I certainly wouldn't have ridden behind a lorry with it's reversing lights showing!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Is it true that if you drive your car into a M&S lorry and you don't like it they'll give you a different one?
Only if you have the gift receipt.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Can't tell from that video if the car was already there and it was the M+S lorry being stupid or vice versa.
Thought the lorry was going to reverse into the bus... I certainly wouldn't have ridden behind a lorry with it's reversing lights showing!
Cab was stationary and angled for turning and the Pug drove into the lorry driver's blind spot inside the lorry's drag sweep. Lorry pulls off.

Can see no lorry indicators showing but the angle of the cab should have been a giveaway. Cyclists go through red lights there. Naughty.

Last edited:
Top Bottom