"cyclists stay back" stickers, tfl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geekinaseat

Wherever they have a sticker on the back of a vehicle they should have one in the cab for the driver that says:

Cyclists or pedestrians may be alongside or in your blindspot. Take care.

young Ed

Veteran
maybe i need a custom jersey made up in the same style on the back but just saying 'vehicles stay back' or 'vehicles pass wide'
might actually work? or would i get a load of angry offended motorists shouting that i think i own the road etc?
Cheers Ed

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I almost bought one of those road.cc ''cyclists stay awesome'' but, while I like the sentiment, I don't particularly like the wording - I think I prefer ''cyclists stay cycling''. Does anybody know how much it would cost to get to get stickers printed? Or can you buy the sticky-backed plastic for domestic printing?

I've spent so much time driving this year and watching cyclists cycle past that I'd like an ''I'd rather be on my bike'' one on the back.

Or ''Cyclists think out of the box'' /alternatively, if that's too obscure, ''Cyclists think ''Out of the Box!'''

Sara_H

Guru
I almost bought one of those road.cc ''cyclists stay awesome'' but, while I like the sentiment, I don't particularly like the wording - I think I prefer ''cyclists stay cycling''. Does anybody know how much it would cost to get to get stickers printed? Or can you buy the sticky-backed plastic for domestic printing?

I've spent so much time driving this year and watching cyclists cycle past that I'd like an ''I'd rather be on my bike'' one on the back.

Or ''Cyclists think out of the box'' /alternatively, if that's too obscure, ''Cyclists think ''Out of the Box!'''
I'm having to catch the bus to work at the minute, due to injuries. Really hacks me off watching all the cyclists wizz by! I'd most definitely rather be on my bike.

Ganymede

Veteran
[QUOTE 3210348, member: 45"]Do the stickers peel off?[/QUOTE]
Nominate you to find out!! Remember to report back....

(I actually mean this)

Ganymede

Veteran
[QUOTE 3210355, member: 45"]I've not seen any recently in Somerset.[/QUOTE]
Ha! Of course - you're a worse nominee that I'd be myself - we need to find a willing/coerce-able Londoner for preference.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Ha! Of course - you're a worse nominee that I'd be myself - we need to find a willing/coerce-able Londoner for preference.
I wouldn't get that close to one, haven't you seen the warning stickers? :-)

They tend to be a bit out of reach on lorries and are a decent (could get off with a hairdryer, a bit harder with finger nails) looking adhesive so I wouldn't want to try (even if it was a sensible suggestion). Also, you don't tend to be around them long. Much easier to just stick another message across the top. "Driver Ignorant" would be my favourite non-sweary one.

Ganymede

Veteran
I wouldn't get that close to one, haven't you seen the warning stickers? :-)

They tend to be a bit out of reach on lorries and are a decent (could get off with a hairdryer, a bit harder with finger nails) looking adhesive so I wouldn't want to try (even if it was a sensible suggestion). Also, you don't tend to be around them long. Much easier to just stick another message across the top. "Driver Ignorant" would be my favourite non-sweary one.
I think it's a question of creeping up to a parked one - stealth is the key!

I'm liking "Driver Ignorant" as an addition. Heh.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
[QUOTE 3210348, member: 45"]Do the stickers peel off?[/QUOTE]
I don't know but I'm prepared to try. If I get the surface really clean there must be some cleaning material that'll do it. Alternatively, I could stick something on over the muck.

Tempted to get some of these tidied up and printed.

think.png stay.png Jealous.png

Top Bottom