Cyclists that put a slur on our good name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Coruskate's avatar? That's a guess.

He he!

Our 3 legged dog, when asked to give a paw, does a litttle Nazi salute before having to put her paw back down or fall over.

Stroke her on he tummy whilst she's sitting but with you propping her up and she'll do the salute for as long as you stroke her.

She's black, but nobody seems to have told her about the irony of her actions! :biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I hate seeing adults using pavements as shortcuts down one way streets. I work in a one way system, if i want to go to my nearest supermarket, it is literally 150yds walk, but by road, because of the one way restrictions, its nearly a mile. Every day, locals use the pavement in my road to take the short route. not wheeling, not pushing, not even scooting, but riding. Its all in an area coverd by CCTV, but is anything done. Bet your life it will be when the Chief Inspectors wife gets clipped.:angry:

That annoys me on two fronts - the fact that they are on the pavement and the fact that some planner thought they would force people to get into their car to make a short journey (yes I know 1 mile isn't long - but could they have put in a cycle contraflow instead (not knowing the road of course), rather than making everyone take a longer route.

snorri

Legendary Member
That annoys me on two fronts - the fact that they are on the pavement and the fact that some planner thought they would force people to get into their car to make a short journey (yes I know 1 mile isn't long - but could they have put in a cycle contraflow instead (not knowing the road of course), rather than making everyone take a longer route.
+1
summerdays, the voice of reason.:smile:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I hate seeing adults using pavements as shortcuts down one way streets. I work in a one way system, if i want to go to my nearest supermarket, it is literally 150yds walk, but by road, because of the one way restrictions, its nearly a mile. Every day, locals use the pavement in my road to take the short route. not wheeling, not pushing, not even scooting, but riding. Its all in an area coverd by CCTV, but is anything done. Bet your life it will be when the Chief Inspectors wife gets clipped.:angry:

One way streets generally penalise cyclists disproportionately. The solution is for more contraflow streets... This is a scream in your face example of one if ever there was.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland

If it literally 150yds walk why take the car?? Cars are just a pain, get ride of it and you will be far happier, they just give the illusion of Freedom not the real thing. If we could really restrict the use of cars in our towns and cities life would be so much better! Take my advice, get rid of the car and lean to enjoy life!! :thumbsup:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
PMSL........ you do that in notts train station and you'll get slapped lol

Do that at London Victoria and the Plain Clothed Police will probably arrest you for being a suspected terrorist!

The staff at Victoria are, or at least were, totally paranoid if you even have a camera.... if you are on or near the Southern Trains or Gatwick Express platforms that is. South East Trains on the other hand don't give a flying fart what you do. Same station, attitudes a million miles apart.

Don't you just love Britain? . :rolleyes:

Top Bottom