Cyclists-who-fail-to-use-dedicated-lanes-could-be-fined ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Frankly given the crap I've been through since being knocked off on CS7, I'm quite happy to ride segregated away from traffic :smile: IF conditions are met as I considered above

but the problem is that they ARE NOT MAINTAINED. CS2 at whitechapel - yes the new bit that is segregated. as you head oputbound it is full of rubbish and crap whatever time of day . CS2 from bow to Stratford floods after the merest whiff of rain, and in the winter do you think it gets salted- nope not a chance . Oh and you get the stunning decision by newham to close the lane for works tipping us poor shmucks out into traffic.

were they maintained correctly, and not blocked etc then maybe i would be happy, but as per the priory lane why I don't video , I don't as i ride faster than what would be sensible in a segregated lane.

Perhaps they'll also enforce it so cars stay on the road and out of ASLs, bus lanes and off of footways. Even if were introduced its be as unenforceable as every other piece of cycling legislation .

Correction - it'll be another of those types of legislation where the honest person who stops, gives their true details, and pays the fine gets enforced, while the scrote that chooses to pedal off giving the finger gets away with it!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
What an incredibly stupid idea.... Unless they are thinking of doubling the size of all lanes and making traffic crossing the lane have to give way to cycles in the lane and anybody found parking even for a moment (evidence of photographs accepted) .... No I didn't think so.

Until it is given the correct space, priorities and status in law then NO NO NO.

It's rubbish, it's that Nick Ferrari shock-jock bloke, he ASKED Boris if the lanes will be mandatory and ITV news got all excited and printed it as a story. It's piffle.

sidevalve

Über Member
Odd that half of the comments seem NOT to have read the OP. It specifies a fully segregated lane with a B_A_R_R_I_E_R between cycle lane and traffic ie no parking and no other traffic. If you want to complain about the idea then fine but at least read it.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Odd that half of the comments seem NOT to have read the OP. It specifies a fully segregated lane with a B_A_R_R_I_E_R between cycle lane and traffic ie no parking and no other traffic. If you want to complain about the idea then fine but at least read it.
What's your point?

RedRider

Pulling through
I know, I did think of that but London isn't the Netherlands. The question posed is where are the drawings? Well here's one linked in another CC thread and it looks terrible.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/kennington-lcc-and-tfl-foolishness-now-its-personal.180432/

I want to ride in roads if they get me there safe and faster.
My earlier comment was meant in part as a joke but I would certainly defy any insidious rule stopping me from doing so, at least up to a point.

Feastie

Über Member
As a wise man is fond of saying... show us the drawing...

It's very sad that even experienced cyclists will consider surrendering their right to the road in exchange for a pipe dream.

Not that I think any such fine should ever be enforced, but I actually very very highly rate the bike lane here, which ticks all of those boxes:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...2!3m1!1s0x48761b1e91be3d2d:0xf1c1747a619302f1

So it can be done! Although the big plant boxes should be slightly closer together because occasionally some pigheaded people still park over the lane.

Top Bottom