Cyclo-cross bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

tbh i think i am gonna stick with buying a bike ready built from decathlon, but perhaps for my next bike when i have a job and more moeny coming in a could build one of my own.:biggrin:

Big T

Guru
Joe24 said:
Thats where being in a club and knowing the people helps;)
A guy in the club has said if i want to borrow and use this old cyclocross frame he has then its no problem.
He also has this garage packed full of stuff for bikes, some of it new. And he's charged me little for some good second hand/new stuff for the fixed. Aswell as giving me advice.
Other people have given me stuff for it, advice, tips and have stuff they can let me have cheap.

Who's frame is that, then?

I didn't know you wanted to do cross!

Notts and Derby League starts 6th September, if you're interested.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Yeh, i'm up for giving it a try Trev. Would need to get some practice in first though, never really done any off road cycling properly. Need to see just how hard it really is first :angry:
Andy Wilson(Ok not really in the Sherwood) has one hanging up in his garage, with about a ton of parts for bikes aswell.
Do all old cyclists have tons of bike parts hanging up and lieing around the their garage? :angry::laugh:

Joe24

Young Un,
To show you how good the club i am is( the club you went to are probably the same) here is what i got for my fixed wheel project.
Image126.jpg

Image125.jpg

The wheel, chainset(double) and sprockets i got for free from one person.
The handlebars, brake levers, chainset(brand new!) and stem(one looks brand new) i got for £15 from someone else.
I also got a 531 frame free. Nothing really wrong wth it, the stem was stuck in but my neighbour helped to get that out but taking it to his garage.
Brakes are either from another peron or from the person i got the stem and stuff from, or i buy new.
Young Un, there will be people that can help you build that whole frame up, and have different parts for it and be able to offer advice about it aswell.
Go to the thing you went to last time on the road bike you got now, and ask around.

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

Dave yh i am kinda nerovous on who to ask, i might ask one of the coaches the next time im there.

and joe, i would take the road bike along but there are two problems.
1. i need to borrow a pump with a presta valve.
2. at the current stage, riding my dads mountain bike, i am stuck on the play ground with younger kids doin bike handlin and things and tbh i dont think the road bike is the best thing to be doin it on.

Joe24

If you can afford it, get a frame pump that can do presta. Or bomb along to your LBS on your dads MTB and get a Schrwhatever to a Presta converter and use your normal pump.
Ask one of the coaches, they might be able to pass you on to someone else. You might be able to do bike handling skills on the roadbike. Only way to find out is to give it a go. See if you can. You just have to get used to the bike, you might find it abit 'twitchy' i suppose, i found my road bike alot more free moving from side to side. Now i'm abit too cocky with it but then i've rode it too muchalot;)
Ask around the club Young Un, if you have/are going to join them then go onto the forum and ask. The club rides helped me as i mingled in with everyone and got chatting to people. Then when i said i was going to give fixed ago alot of people on the table was giving me advice from when they did fix, they said to ask this person because he has a garage full, and someone else said they had a garage full of stuff i can look through.

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

i have joined the club as i liked it soo much, but i only go along to the slipstreamers which is a group for upto 16/17 so there arent many folks about as the older ones/adults go off for a ride str8 away.

Top Bottom