Cyclocross purchase, need advice!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think its nothing to do with limited choice, I think its the fact that your a very fussy individual. Pay the 230 test the bike out and then buy if you like it. If not buy a bike online and hope its the one that suits you, if not endure the hassle of returning it and getting a refund.

Or pay the petrol money/train fare/bus far go to a city that has a wide variety of shops and buy one.

OP
OP
S

sazzaa

If expecting a decent standard of customer service from a bike shop (equal to the service in other parts of the country) makes me a very fussy individual, then so be it.

Its a deposit, you get the money back. Not exactly unreasonable for a company to ask that.

Plus it shouldnt take a month to buy a bike lol

OP
OP
S

sazzaa

An authorisation on a card should suffice. The only reason it's taking so long is that the bike I want isn't out yet, and the 2013 model wasn't available in my size. Should be any day now... Hopefully.

Berties

Fast and careful!
i have just ordered a croix de fer 2014,getting it in a 60 as i would a road bike as will be using it mainly on road,a tough winter steed for the bad weather to come,and the fun of the network of tracks i have neglected for the road, they are geared more for the road than most cx bikes,look smart,just got to wait for their arrival in uk

OP
OP
S

sazzaa

i have just ordered a croix de fer 2014,getting it in a 60 as i would a road bike as will be using it mainly on road,a tough winter steed for the bad weather to come,and the fun of the network of tracks i have neglected for the road, they are geared more for the road than most cx bikes,look smart,just got to wait for their arrival in uk

I'm a bit worried of the capabilities of a cx on trails, mine are mostly smooth but there are a couple of bits with big smooth rocks...

I'm a bit worried of the capabilities of a cx on trails, mine are mostly smooth but there are a couple of bits with big smooth rocks...
Its actually not as bad as you think, I was the same as one of my trails it goes through a muddy patch and uneven gravel that has stones. My Cannondale handles fine. Nothing to worry about

OP
OP
S

sazzaa

I am so glad to hear that! A mate who has a Boardman cx said he wouldn't even consider putting it on a slightly bumpy trail, it gave me the fear that I was buying the wrong thing...

VamP

Banned
I am so glad to hear that! A mate who has a Boardman cx said he wouldn't even consider putting it on a slightly bumpy trail, it gave me the fear that I was buying the wrong thing...

Cross bikes are designed for off-road first and foremost. Your mate sounds like a bit of a nobber :laugh:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
image.jpg

Wouldn't worry about going off road on a cx bike. My Tricross handles this rocky track easily.

OP
OP
S

sazzaa

Thank you, that pic has helped loads, now Genesis just need to hurry up and release the new Vapour Disc!!!

Top Bottom