Cyclogs Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Ranger said:
Strangely enough I found my seat post had dropped about 2 inches when I got back on the bike yesterday:ohmy:

If it was caused by trying to catch the whippets along the dual carriageway or the horror of using a cyclepath I don't know
More likely the downhill dash from HJ's to Trinity :ohmy:

Was that you heading up from Cramond Brig (towards SQ) around 1500 yesterday ? :evil:

First imperial ton today guys.

Went out to edinburgh and then over the bridge to fife, crossing back over at kincardine.

was rather gloomy and getting wetter, jumped on the train to glasgow, got off the local train early, and did a couple of loops of the town to hit the magic number.

absolutely knackered, but delighted. Last 10 miles were really hard.

pushed us into 2nd spot!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I see there are still a few Sweaties that havent moved over yet, Magnatom, Brarn, Marooncat , Bhoyjim and a few others. Maybe a good idea to PM them about your splitting ways :thumbsup:

scook94

Veteran
lazyfatgit said:

Went out to edinburgh and then over the bridge to fife, crossing back over at kincardine.

was rather gloomy and getting wetter, jumped on the train to glasgow, got off the local train early, and did a couple of loops of the town to hit the magic number.

pushed us into 2nd spot!

Congrats!!!
17.gif
6.gif

HLaB said:
Well done :thumbsup: not so lazyfatgit :tongue:

Thanks HLab. wore the CC jersey and was on best behaviour. Biggest problem of the day was the cobbles on the way down from the back of waverley station - my stem shook loose!

stopped for fish and chips in kincardine as i run out of bananas. Must take more/better food next time. Absolutely flying (for me) on the way out, got to livingston in 1hr flat. Probably why i suffered so badly after 80 miles.

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
ianrauk said:
I see there are still a few Sweaties that havent moved over yet, Magnatom, Brarn, Marooncat , Bhoyjim and a few others. Maybe a good idea to PM them about your splitting ways :thumbsup:
No need it was Bhoyjim's idea and Maroocat has already tranferred you might have noticed their mileage in Cycle Chat Team is 0; they've logged their rides in the CC Ecosse team :tongue:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So they have. Please excuse my invasion across the border...:tongue:

HLaB said:
No need it was Bhoyjim's idea and Maroocat has already tranferred you might have noticed their mileage in Cycle Chat Team is 0; they've logged their rides in the CC Ecosse team :thumbsup:

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
lazyfatgit said:
Thanks HLab. wore the CC jersey and was on best behaviour. Biggest problem of the day was the cobbles on the way down from the back of waverley station - my stem shook loose!

stopped for fish and chips in kincardine as i run out of bananas. Must take more/better food next time. Absolutely flying (for me) on the way out, got to livingston in 1hr flat. Probably why i suffered so badly after 80 miles.
I hate the cobbles but there's not great options for avoiding them in Edinburgh or Leith :thumbsup:.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
lazyfatgit said:

pushed us into 2nd spot!
Hey, give us a 'heads up' next time you're planning something like this - and I'll come with you for at least part of the way :smile:

Excellent effort :bravo: :bravo: :eek: .... :rolleyes: :wahhey: :wahhey: .... :blush: .... :smile: .... :tired: :tired: :smile: .... :bicycle: :tired: :tired:

[still think the 'cycling' smilies should be going the other way !]

pushed us into 2nd spot!
... and you quite clearly, into 1st on CC Ecosse, 3rd on ALL of CYCLOGS :hyper: :hyper: .... as I write.

Planned? Unfortunately not, or I'd have prepared better:blush:

Just was having a great day out enjoying the weather. Enjoyed the bit of Edinburgh I saw and decided to go out to the bridge, which I haven't been on since March last year.

Prompted by our Sportive discussion on Sunday, I then decided to see how far I could go, but overestimated the speed i could keep up, hence the train part of the way home.

Next time I'm heading your way, I'll drop you a note.

Surprised at how good I feel this morning. Legs a bit heavy, and forearms fatigued, but not too bad.

Accosted another cyclist on the Bridge to get a photo!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
HLaB said:
I hate the cobbles but there's not great options for avoiding them in Edinburgh or Leith :tongue:.

Ach, just imagine the you are riding up the Champs-Élysées and the Armstrong is 50 m behind... :sad:

Top Bottom