CYCLOGS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
Yes, sad to hear Cyclogs won't be back, but I'm grateful to Jules for helping with mileage recording over a number of years which provided an incentive for me to 'get the miles in' and maintain a reasonable level of fitness.:smile:

Adasta

What's the problem?

Couldn't he just release any code/formatting for free and let someone else continue?

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
What's the problem?

Couldn't he just release any code/formatting for free and let someone else continue?
The problem seems to be that something that was a bit of fun turned into an albatross.

At the time it first went down a number of people offered to help out/run it etc but for whatever reason those offers weren't taken up, so unfortunately that seems to be the end of the road.

Adasta

The problem seems to be that something that was a bit of fun turned into an albatross.

At the time it first went down a number of people offered to help out/run it etc but for whatever reason those offers weren't taken up, so unfortunately that seems to be the end of the road.

That's surprising. Perhaps there is something money-related (or to do with intellectual property rights) that is prohibiting the owner from releasing the code?

It seems to me that making it open-source would answer a lot of the problems; the owner wouldn't have to do anything at all.

Oh well.

Top Bottom