Cyprus cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As ever, I`m looking for somewhere new to cycle (road not mtb) and Cyprus crossed my mind.

Has anyone got any experience of cycling there?

What are the roads like, best place to cycle, hire shops etc?

I can fly direct into either Larnaca or Paphos but would want to stay away from the Club 18-30 areas lol

As ever, any advice well appreciated

And I did do a search on Cyprus but for some reason, most of the results that came back were about Eurovision lol

vickster

Legendary Member
I do know it’s extremely hot in the summer. Friend who likes to jog in the morning said it was already in the 30s at 7am! That was Paphos in July

Timtrain

I lived in Cyprus for a few years, the roads have significantly improved over the last few years. There is some good cycling to be had around the Paphos area, the coastal road out of Paphos and heading out to Pissouri, Episkopi and Limassol is a lot quieter now that the motorway is finished. The roads up up Omodos & Troodos is very smooth, if you're going around Easter, you may still find a lot of snow at the top of Troodos, down on the coast it's around 15-20 degrees.
All in all it's a great place to cycle, every village you pass through, will always have a coffee stop open.

Globalti

Legendary Member
If you want to go to the Med, Mallorca has a huge cycling scene thanks to the spectacular roads. There is a well-developed cycle tourism business there with good bikes to hire.

Personally I find Cyprus a bit dull to visit although the people are charming.

gbb

Legendary Member
I lived in Cyprus for a few years, the roads have significantly improved over the last few years. There is some good cycling to be had around the Paphos area, the coastal road out of Paphos and heading out to Pissouri, Episkopi and Limassol is a lot quieter now that the motorway is finished. The roads up up Omodos & Troodos is very smooth, if you're going around Easter, you may still find a lot of snow at the top of Troodos, down on the coast it's around 15-20 degrees.
All in all it's a great place to cycle, every village you pass through, will always have a coffee stop open.
15 to 20 degrees would be about right in April, I never saw it much if any higher at that time(although It may have been March when I used to go) I always wanted to do Troodos but was always working. There seems to be a fairly good cycling scene around Limassol at least, possibly a good few guys based at Akrotiri and the incredibly well tanned local road bike riders. I never saw any problems with drivers there, but watch TLs early and late in the day, drivers tend to ignore them if there' nothing much around. As said, lovely relaxed people.

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
If you want to go to the Med, Mallorca has a huge cycling scene thanks to the spectacular roads. There is a well-developed cycle tourism business there with good bikes to hire.

Personally I find Cyprus a bit dull to visit although the people are charming.

I was in Mallorca this Easter staying up in Puerto Pollensa and loved it. I may go back but I`m one for visiting new places instead of returning to previously visited places too often. Having said that, Mallorca does seem set up for the cycling tourist

Alex H

Legendary Member
A while ago now, :whistle: this is my hire car on Troodos in April. The temperature at Akrotiri was 22C and :sun:

41 - Mini & snow on Troodos in April.JPG

Top Bottom