Cytronex ebike kit for 700c rim braked bike, Brompton H6L, Raleigh Royal frameset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Raleigh Royal frameset in Reynolds 531
Seat tube CtoC 625mm, Top tube CtoC 575mm, Rear dropout 123mm.
Headset and bottom bracket feel fine.
Decent condition for age
Make me an offer I can't refuse!

Cytronex ebike kit
Road legal for UK, 250W motor, assist speed limited to 25kmh/15.5mph. 198Wh battery. 700c wheel.

The kit is for rim brake bike only ie no facility to attach disc to hub.

The charger is the fast charge version so re-charging times are reduced.

The bottle battery is technically 2 batteries less than 100Wh each, so it could be transported by air.

Bought May last year. The kit was fitted to a large framed bike (24.5") with a 460mm chainstay so it should fit any bike with a frame no larger than that, though a smaller framed bike will need a little tidying of cables when fitted.

The kit is very well made and feels smooth and quiet in operation and is lovely to use. It feels fine riding with the power assist off too. The smaller capacity battery makes the kit lighter weight than most, though obviously the other side of this is less range if you use at the max power level all the time. I found I could drain the battery in 15 miles in max power climbing steep hills (I'm 100kg+ and that won't help!), but in normal riding using a mix of power levels 30 miles range was easy to achieve and more judicious use could easily see more.

The handlebar control is easy to use and doesn't take up much bar space.

Fitting is straight forward following the included Cytronex instructions.

You don't need it to operate the kit, but there's a Cytronex mobile phone app that connects to the battery and shows charge state and number of re-charge cycles. So far the battery has had 33 charge cycles.

I'm getting a disc braked bike so the kit is now surplus to requirements.

£500 posted (in the original packaging)

Brompton H6L 2016

Higher handlebars, and longer seat post, 6 speed.

A few minor scuffs, but basically in good condition.

£650 pick up, £675 posted

Photos in Google photos album here;
https://photos.app.goo.gl/erY84XpHX1tu4cf76

I’m in Crieff, Perthshire

OP
OP
S

savannah3107

Veteran
Raleigh Royal frameset SOLD
Cytronex ebike kit SOLD
Brompton H6L SOLD

Thanks

dicko

Guru
Your Cytronex e bike kit is basically half price! I paid 1k for exactly the same kit as yours and I am very happy with mine👍

Top Bottom