D-Lock suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
spent a few hours searching for bike D-lock recommendations
my existing Magnum Plus cable Lock [8mm cable] got completely slated [elsewhere]

ok .. I can see the logic behind top level locks at £70-80 but honestly canna afford that

any suggestions circa £30..?...................thanks
usage...local shopping in village
the Kryptonite M18 and Forgettaboutitt locks both cost almost £100 list price, however, a sharp eye online can find them both for £55 delivered.

OP
OP
J

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
same here.

like i said before .....2x my budget at £54.99 ... but thanks for the info

OP
OP
J

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
the Kryptonite M18 and Forgettaboutitt locks both cost almost £100 list price, however, a sharp eye online can find them both for £55 delivered.

still over my £30 budget at £55 ... but thanks for the info

prob go for
Kryptonite Evolution Series 4 U-Lock from 'tredz' at £31
and use my existing Magnum Plus cable for the frontwheel

thanks all
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

moo

I'm dubious about the OnGuard locks. They always seem to be on sale for £20-£30, where equivalent locks from other companies are in the £50-£70 region. What kind of company doesn't like making profit? It makes you wonder about the quality of the steel used.

And to prove my point, it is only £23.49 at Amazon (seller is paying fees):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Magnum-ONGUARD-Bicycle-Security-LK8000/dp/B00AW8F7HQ

And only £21.99 on eBay with ~15% fees plus postage costs, so how much did the lock cost from manufacturer?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magnum-ON...K_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item43c5b20aa4

Grante, they both claim no bracket included but I'm not sure if the Tredz one does either.

Top Bottom