D / U-lock carriage / mounting locations..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Looks like I have a similar Kryptonite D lock to yours, @wafter .
This is how it fits on my bike, a large (58 cm??) Genesis Croix de Fer.. (excuse the wallpaper, but it is just a store room for 5 bikes and associated equipment now 😄). There is just enough clearance for the bottle cage, and for pulling it upwards to release it from the bracket without jamming against the crossbar. Might not work on smaller frames!

20220903_091410.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I used to chuck them in the pannier when commuting to various sites. No probles. Just leave them at work now I'm based in one place. Either in pannier or bungie it to the top of the rack (use some pipe lagging if you want to reduce vibration).

Mike_P

Guru
Those Kryptonite mounts are a classic of something not being tested long enough to show its not a good idea. Modified mine with a hose clip with a piece of rubber between it and the seat stay.

IMG_20220903_105213.jpg

Only problem I have had since is the fixing bolt on the centre of the mount working slightly loose once; spent ages trying to work out where the creek was coming from only for it stop once I noted a very sloppy fitting D lock and tightened the bolt.

I fix mine through my saddlebag. There is a certain lack of street cred in an old saddlebag anyway - hope it makes my ride less attractive to thieves. :laugh:

Top Bottom