1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dads Army

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 14 Jul 2007.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

...don't panic!

I have just been watching it on TV...bloody excellent stuff...it's classics like this that make todays so called comedy look pathetic by comparison imho.

I remember watching Dads army on Saturday nights as a boy...still watching it today.

..."don't tell him Pike!" :eek: :blush:

2. chris42

chris42 New Member

what station?

3. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

Beeb zwei..just finished

4. redfox

redfox New Member

I used to watch it as a boy because there was not much else on, don't think I could sit through it now. It was okay in its day, but there have been much better things since.

5. Perfectly timed and expressed humour.
    I think only one of the cast is alive now..?

6. postman

postman Guru

dads army.

Simply the best.Have a couple of dvds.Last one only cost a quid.four episodes on it.

7. Lardyboy

Lardyboy New Member

Like a lot of things, time does give us a "rose tinted" memory. For one "Dads' Army" you'll get "On The Buses", "Father, Dear Father", "Mind Your Language", "Last Of The Summer Wine"(not funny then or now!), "Please Sir", "Terry And June" etc. etc.

8. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Pike is still alive. And Jones I think.

Useless fact of the day-

Arnold Ridley, who played Private Godfrey, was invalided out of the Somme and was a Major in WWII. He wrote The Ghost Train.

9. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Dad's Army is great. Mrs N bought me a DVD a few months ago with a few episodes I had never seen before.

10. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Although they were not a laugh a minute for the whole programme, there were some classic and very funny sections in each episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Tony

Tony New Member

Don't tell them your name, Oates!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Yes, that was one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

You mean this! :eek:

Dads' Army was an all-time classic, but wasn't everyone's cup of tea, including my Grandad's who was in the Homeguard.

14. beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

Like a lot of these vintage comedies, it's best in small doses. For gentle humour, it is one of the finest series the Beeb ever made.

15. Big Bren

Big Bren New Member

sigh

Rose tinted spectacles indeed, since for me, watching an episode of Dads Army is akin to having my fingernails peeled off.

Bren