Daevid Allen joins the great gig in the sky

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Aged 77. He was given 6 months to live only last month for cancer which spread to his Lungs.

I was a fan of Gong for a while, mainly the Flying Teapot albums.

bc4c170e-798b-479a-b449-bdc5993fcc7f-300x180.jpe

FrOm Orlando, Daevid's son
And so dada Ali, bert camembert, the dingo Virgin, divided alien and his other 12 selves prepare to pass up the oily way and back to the planet of love. And I rejoice and give thanks,” he wrote. “Thanks to you dear dear daevid for introducing me to my family of magick brothers and mystic sisters, for revealing the mysteries, you were the master builder but now have made us all the master builders. As the eternal wheel turns we will continue your message of love and pass it around. We are all one, we are all gong. Rest well my friend, float off on our ocean of love. The gong vibration will forever sound and its vibration will always lift and enhance. You have left such a beautiful legacy and we will make sure it forever shines in our children and their children. Now is the happiest time of yr life. Blessed be.”

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Will play some Gong tonight in memoriam.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Went to a Hear and Now concert (big word) in Roundhay Park, Leeds, and on my way in I saw a plectrum on the floor and picked it up. Just before the show was about to begin Kif Kif le Bateur came on stage and said the gig was cancelled because Daevid had lost his only plectrum! They didn't even buy me a drink.

Last edited:

accountantpete

Brexiteer
The Camembert Electrique re-issue in the mid-70's was huge - largely due to Virgin selling it for the monetary equivalent of 3 pints of beer.

They were that sort of band - not bad for 50p but you wouldn't want to pay £2 for one of their albums when you could have 12 pints of bitter on a Friday night.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Went to a Hear and Now concert (big word) in Roundhay Park, Leeds, and on my way in I saw a plectrum on the floor and picked it up. Just before the show was about to begin Kif Kif le Bateur came on stage and said the gig was cancelled because Daevid had lost his only plectrum! They didn't even buy me a drink.

You might have got one if you had given it back.:smile:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

BigAl68

Über Member
That's because it was one of my mums. She was a massive record collector throughout the 60s and 70s and I ended up with most of them. I dug it out to play yesterday and the clear vinyl was in the same sleeve. The other was on the turntable.

Top Bottom