Dam Pot holes !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mick1836

Über Member
And watch the road more closely next time? These potholes are getting increasingly common as the cuts continue.
This idea may help you to spot them
pothole-plants-M228275.jpg

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
To be honest whether I should of seen the pot or not is not really the point or reason why I felt strongly about reporting it. I reported it because I thought it was dangerous to road users. My car is just a piece of metal at the end of the day and at the worst it would of just caused some damage to it ,which would of ended up in me attempting to claim for damage. The point of me reporting it was because it could of potentially killed a scooter /Motorcycle/cyclist.
A car will just crash over it ,but a two wheeled vehicle rider could of been thrown off into an on coming vehicle.

vickster

Legendary Member
you going at 60mph would have potentially killed a scooter/motorcycle/cyclist/pedestrian. Obscene speed to be going at :dry:
Surely that depends on the road? Don't normally get big potholes on motorways (nor cyclists, pedestrians or scooterists) but you do on dual carriageways

I don't disagree that doing 60mph on a national speed limit single carriageway country road is perhaps foolhardy at this time of year especially

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
image.png

If you search for memes involving my state this is one of the first ones that come up... funny but unfortunately very true. They filled one on a street next over last week but my street and the adjacent one are like running a gauntlet, and we have reported it.

alicat

Legendary Member
Don't normally get big potholes on motorways

Not as large as in Ohio, but yesterday I was shocked at the size/amount of the potholes on the M1 s'bound just after it passes between Leeds and Garforth.

Jody

Stubborn git
Hit a few shocking potholes on the way down to Paris this week. 130kmh (80mph) speed limit and every one went with a bang. Side roads I can understand to some extent but not major A/M roads

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I've just driven from North Wales to Cambridge. The M6 has its potholes, but the A14 is riddled with all shapes and sizes of hole.
They must have caused a few incidents. It beggars belief.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
I hit a mega pot hole in early Feb, a bit like OP. In March a rattle/thumping started and it transpires now that the shock is shagged. It's a rental from Europcar (company thing) but it has been painful to get them to actually accept something is wrong. Anyway, car is being replaced next week. "Funny" that such an impact could do this but not damage the tyre or wheel and only knocked the alignment out a tiny bit.

Top Bottom