damaged rim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
and i thought you were confessing to something else… :blush:

col

Legendary Member
One thing i would do,im sure you have,is check for sharp bits that might damage the tyre?otherwise i would use it too.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I bought a rim that had a bigger gouge out of it from new that that one. It eventually split after several thousand hard off road miles.

worth keeping an eye on it, and have a look to see if the tyre starts to push through the rim, at the dint.

Keith Oates

Janner
I damaged a wheel, similar to the photo, by hitting a small rock when last back in the UK. When I went to the LBS they were adament that it should not be ridden. I know they may have a vested interest or are following company regulations but I thought better of it and bought a new wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Globalti

Legendary Member
An aluminium rim will take a lot more damage than you'd believe. Even dented it will carry on. Yours looks fine, just keep an eye on it whenever you're doing maintenance.

bonj2

yeah, it'll be fine. thou as alecs says make sure any spiky bits can't puncture the tyre.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
Rigid Raider said:
An aluminium rim will take a lot more damage than you'd believe.

PEDANT one held in place and under tension by 36 spokes will anyway.
the rim on its own is as feeble as an asthmatic jelly on his first day at big school;) PEDANT

barq

hubgearfreak said:
PEDANT one held in place and under tension by 36 spokes will anyway.
the rim on its own is as feeble as an asthmatic jelly on his first day at big school;) PEDANT

Yeah, but they don't normally get used unless they are spoked up do they? :blush:

Top Bottom