Dangerous overtake at a junction - your opinion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Want your guys opinion on this. Is this a case of naming and shaming on youtube or do I take it to the police for them to deal with the batter (knowing they wont do anything untill i raise it with the IPCC).

dee gee

probably just name and shame on youtube m8..if it had turned fully left in front of you then thats another matter.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I personally cant see anything the police anything here. Nothing they could ticket. They could use section 59 for anti social driving but given in the past you had to go as far as IPCC( although you could have sent trivial things, I don't know) It seems a long shot.
Personally overtaking there was screaming alarm bells and red flags all over, clearly this driver turned off their brain while enacting the maneuver. It was to close to the junction.
Stay with Youtube on this one.

campbellab

Bit of a nobber, doubt plod would do anything about that though?

Personally I wouldn't have joined the RAB cum Junction with them next to me in the lane like that though, better to let people who drive like that be infront where you can see them!

Also that RAB/Junction needs better markings, its got 2 lanes, and I would expect people going into the left hand lane on exiting to be in the left hand lane on entering (positioned to the RHS to show your intention) and indicating right/or not indicating left (unless left hand lane is busy with people indicating left). That's pretty crap for cyclists though as I expect if you tried that you'd get cut up every now and again.

campbellab

None event.

Sorry. Just poor driver judgement. Happens if you ride or drive.
Squeezing into the same lane at the junction and awful overtake wasn't poor judgement imo, it was pretty deliberate MGIF of cyclist. I don't get any sound but it appears like the cyclist is pretty put off by the constant shoulder checks - probably aggressive driving behind?

OP
OP
J

JKility

Regular
I personally cant see anything the police anything here. Nothing they could ticket. They could use section 59 for anti social driving but given in the past you had to go as far as IPCC( although you could have sent trivial things, I don't know) It seems a long shot.
Personally overtaking there was screaming alarm bells and red flags all over, clearly this driver turned off their brain while enacting the maneuver. It was to close to the junction.
Stay with Youtube on this one.
It was previously with my White Van Man incident, had to take it to IPCC where the driver got a written formal warning and got logged. I think your all right with this one, just a stern telling off via social media and the power of naming and shaming hopefully.

@campbellab
Just before the RBA is signposts for the left hand lane is left and right is to go around RBA, Its the only way out of my area and I always use that RBA, never had a issue with anyone in the left hand lane going around the RBA. In this instance I think it was just a wreckless driver.

Out of curiosity, Is there a car register, I know theyre the DVLA but obviously we cant see their records etc. I just want to know if their is a car register created by cyclists, where cyclists would report drivers on this site and the site would publish the details of the drivers vehicle, what the incident involved and footage of the incident to, so that if it had a large amount of reports it would be a really good way of naming and shaming maby.

OP
OP
J

JKility

Regular
Squeezing into the same lane at the junction and awful overtake wasn't poor judgement imo, it was pretty deliberate MGIF of cyclist. I don't get any sound but it appears like the cyclist is pretty put off by the constant shoulder checks - probably aggressive driving behind?
Shoulder checks was to see where exactly he was, couldent see him so i assumed he either continued up the road or got stuck behind some cars

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Happens all the time, had worse too. It's just urban argy bargy. The drivers lose with me as I am a barsteward. I don't shout or anything, but my bike position makes it known. I go you drop back.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Im pretty new here and have watched a few of these vids where people want to "do " drivers . I just don't understand it . If you have a prick behind you just wave them past when its safe . They will be on their way and you can get on with enjoying the ride .
Cars etc sat behind me just annoys me so I would rather they where out the way as soon as possible .

campbellab

It was previously with my White Van Man incident, had to take it to IPCC where the driver got a written formal warning and got logged. I think your all right with this one, just a stern telling off via social media and the power of naming and shaming hopefully.

@campbellab
Just before the RBA is signposts for the left hand lane is left and right is to go around RBA, Its the only way out of my area and I always use that RBA, never had a issue with anyone in the left hand lane going around the RBA. In this instance I think it was just a wreckless driver.

Out of curiosity, Is there a car register, I know theyre the DVLA but obviously we cant see their records etc. I just want to know if their is a car register created by cyclists, where cyclists would report drivers on this site and the site would publish the details of the drivers vehicle, what the incident involved and footage of the incident to, so that if it had a large amount of reports it would be a really good way of naming and shaming maby.

Ah on streetview its more clear that the left hand lane isn't positioned well to go right. Cant see any lane marking advice just a destination left/right signage by the pub. Anyway I'm just going OT :smile:

OP
OP
J

JKility

Regular
Im pretty new here and have watched a few of these vids where people want to "do " drivers . I just don't understand it . If you have a prick behind you just wave them past when its safe . They will be on their way and you can get on with enjoying the ride .
Cars etc sat behind me just annoys me so I would rather they where out the way as soon as possible .
It's not always safe to do so thats the problem, and at a RBL, it wouldent of been the best place to do so either

OP
OP
J

JKility

Regular
Ah on streetview its more clear that the left hand lane isn't positioned well to go right. Cant see any lane marking advice just a destination left/right signage by the pub. Anyway I'm just going OT :smile:
Dont think there are lane markings to be honest, except the lane dividers, I think that road is something locals know about, as thats the only road in and out of the area, if your going to go in and out of it your going to be local or know the road marking in that area so i assume that most people know that the left hand lane is for going left while the right is to go around the RBL

MarkF

Guru
Just another piece of poor driving, it didn't look to me as if it put you in danger, it's no big deal, I see worse most days.

Worth getting stresed over? 2/10.

Top Bottom