1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dangerous when your bored

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by lifeson, 17 Jul 2007.

1. lifeson

lifeson New Member

When I am bored I tend to do stupid things - the last time I was stuck on the M6 in a jam, I burned my trousers with the cigarette lighter trying to remove a bit of frayed material :eek:

Today I am working from home with not a lot going on so I have been to the bathroom and there were a couple of sachets of Mrs Lifesons hair removal cream - you can probably guess the rest but my legs are now nice and smooth :blush: :laugh:

2. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

Have you found any other female products to play with? :eek:

3. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman New Member

The danger there is when Mrs Lifeson gets home and asks "where is ..." :eek: .

4. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Or when Mrs Lifeson looks at your nags (the obvious next step) exclaims "That looks like a dead baby bird!" :eek: :laugh: :blush: :tongue:

5. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

...you're a cyclist...you have an excuse....a poor excuse but I suggest you maximise it's use. :eek:

6. lifeson

lifeson New Member

Definately not going that far no matter how bored I get

7. The boredom today is nearly driving me to drinking and smoking to pass the time! I'm out of hair removal cream and lighters too so I'm struggling to keep myself from climbing the walls! I'm having a bad day :eek:

8. lifeson

lifeson New Member

Thank god the Eurosport coverage has started :eek:

9. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Hair removal cream, whatever happened to razors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

Wot no sac, crak & back Lifeson?

There. Seed planted. He'll be bald all over come next week. :eek:

11. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Working at a kids' home once in Norway, we were on a trip to Denmark, I was driving the mini-bus!
    The road was dead straight for miles, so I thought I'd see how far I could count up to with my eyes shut before opening them!
    Got to 22 (at almost one a second) :laugh: , with my heart pounding and the adrenaline rushing! :blush: The road was still dead straight and I hadn't deviated from my lane. Try it! :eek:

12. mosschops2

mosschops2 New Member

I hope you were alone at the time Davyo!!

A less dangerous version, is to try to walk down a street - pref. a cul de sac, pref. with no parked cars on the pavements / sides, with your eyes closed. How many steps can you manage?

I used to do this on my way home from school (many many years ago) - strangely sort of scary / exhilarating - sounds easy, but after about 10 steps you're constantly concerned about whether you are about to hit a kerb, are you going the right way? Is anyone watching as you potentially meander over the road? If you can get past 25 steps, you're doing pretty well!!

I'd recommend that over Davyo's!!!

13. Dayvo

No, the mini-bus was full! :tongue: :laugh: :eek: :tongue:

Or, to go solo, and keep it reasonably safe (unless you collide with someone else), do it whilst skiing - keeping your eyes shut for as long as possible, that is, whilst bombing down a black, red, blue, green, off-piste! :blush:

14. Dayvo

If you thought that was scary / exhilarating, try mine - the driving one! :blush: :eek:

15. mosschops2

mosschops2 New Member

Cheers Davyo - but I think I'll pass!!!

I think I'd rather cycle with eyes shut than drive. And god knows I don't want to try cycling with my eyes shut!! (Although have been known to take a jumper off whilst cycling on a cycle lane - no hands no eyes!)