Dark Side Of The Moon

Dark Side Of The Moon Like It or Loathe it?

• Pile of Pants!

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Work of Utter Sublime Genius

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • Bay City Rollers were better.

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I heard on the radio today the DSOTM recording has sold more than 50 million copies in the last 40 years, in that time I have bought it twice. Not because I like PF but because I thought I ought to like them and that album. But I don't it's self indulgent studenty bedroom horridness.

Does anyone else feel the same way about the album or any other recording?

young Ed

Veteran
i came here thinking this was an atrology thread :sad:
Cheers Ed

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The annals of popular music are hardly short of self indulgent studenty bedroom horridness, but I personally wouldn't include Dark Side. I wouldn't call it sublime genius exactly, but it is a great album, and I'm not surprised it's sold by the bucketload.

subaqua

What’s the point
As a point of order, all parts of the moon's surface are exposed to sunlight for an equal amount of time, excepting tall hills or deep craters. There is no "dark side". The entire premise for the album is therefore flawed, and therefore the album is drivel.

The term dark side means radio darkness. Like the inside of any Krispy Kreme shop ;)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I heard on the radio today the DSOTM recording has sold more than 50 million copies in the last 40 years, in that time I have bought it twice. Not because I like PF but because I thought I ought to like them and that album. But I don't it's self indulgent studenty bedroom horridness.

Does anyone else feel the same way about the album or any other recording?
Work of genius. IMO, the best album ever made.

potsy

Rambler
i came here thinking this was an atrology thread :sad:
Cheers Ed
10373804_10152775001981605_7010661272716769333_n.jpg

Top Bottom