Dartford Crossing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Looks like you can only use cash in advance at a 'payzone outlet', whatever one of those is.

https://www.gov.uk/pay-dartford-crossing-charge

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Quick question. Can you still pay cash to cross the Thames at Dartford, bridge and tunnel?

Many thanks.

No. It's been replaced by online prepayment. All the toll booths have been removed. Though you can drive through, you have up to midnight to pay the charge online.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Its the same as the london congestion charge, just remember to pay or you get fined.
I have a pre paid account to save me the hassle, but i probably drive over it a few times a month, so it saves me money.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Is it still free if you drive through between 10pm and 6am?

Yes

brodiej

Veteran
You can still drive through. You have up until midnight to pay the charge.

I drove across over Christmas for the first time under the new system - it did seem a lot quicker without the toll booths

Actually you have until midnight the day after you cross to settle up

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Actually you have until midnight the day after you cross to settle up
I did a lot of driving over the holidays and there are adverts in all the service station toilets about the new crossing arrangements. I'm sure I remember reading that the time-limit was for the day after you cross, otherwise someone crossing at 9:59pm would have only two hours to find somewhere to cough up.
We don't often use the crossing though as Mrs Dr Bollo, being a Stratford girl, doesn't believe in going sarf ar da riva!

OP
OP
Haitch

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Does the vehicle in question have a NL registration?

Yep, and the fine will get sent here with a mark-up to cover the additional costs.

Think I'll drive round clockwise instead of anticlockwise, can't be bothered with the faff of giving my credit card details to a stranger on the internet.

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Top Bottom