Dave Davenport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
RIP Dave, awful for someone to go before their time.

RIP Dave
:sad:

jay clock

Massive member
I just heard about this this morning from a triathlon club mate who was in the same cycling club as Dave. He was seriously injured in a collision at a local road junction, which is on about 90% of my rides. There is a narrow country lane crossing another road. The one he was on was his right of way and I understand going in the downhill direction. The road that crosses the one he was on has steep downhills to the give way sign, and I know how easy it is to not see what is happening, although 99% of the time I am on the give way roads crossing the one that he was on. I went there just now on a road local ride and another cyclist told me what had happened as he knew Dave family. My understanding is that Dave's wife is also very keen cyclist. Dave was also a keen cycle tourist with a lot of long-distance tours under his belt

Local paper has this account of what happened, but this does not follow up on his unfortunate death subsequently which I understand was a few days later

very sad news.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I just heard about this this morning from a triathlon club mate who was in the same cycling club as Dave. He was seriously injured in a collision at a local road junction, which is on about 90% of my rides. There is a narrow country lane crossing another road. The one he was on was his right of way and I understand going in the downhill direction. The road that crosses the one he was on has steep downhills to the give way sign, and I know how easy it is to not see what is happening, although 99% of the time I am on the give way roads crossing the one that he was on. I went there just now on a road local ride and another cyclist told me what had happened as he knew Dave family. My understanding is that Dave's wife is also very keen cyclist. Dave was also a keen cycle tourist with a lot of long-distance tours under his belt

Local paper has this account of what happened, but this does not follow up on his unfortunate death subsequently which I understand was a few days later

very sad news.
Oh my, I didn’t realise that the ’Accident here’ board at the junction related to this! I’ve ridden that junction 4 times this week, but like you @jay clock along Sarum Road. I’m not going to start with the theories as it wouldn’t be right here, but that whole area is used by as many cyclists as drivers. Sobering. Stay safe people.

Top Bottom