David Beckham is not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

I can now reveal the name of the person lighting the flame tonight, it's Jessie J.

Who'da thought Danny Boyle would go for the popularist vote.

Despite all this 'choice' finding something that's actually worth sitting down to watch all the way through is more difficult.

Did you not spot the Switch Off option? There are other things you can do with your time besides sitting down watching the TV. Going out for a ride for example.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I'll wager that Paul McCartney has something to do with the opening ceremony, just the modern, up to date celeb to showcase Britain!!!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Wow RL, it's a good job you're there to point that out.
...we'll have to try switching it on first mind... that'll be what we're doing wrong. :scratch:..

The last thing I watched was Wallender... couple of weeks ago- I've just about recovered.

ASC1951

Guru
A nobody? Well for someone who is a nobody she has done pretty well as a member of the most successful girl group ever and then going on to carve a new career as one of the top fashion designers. She's not my style at all but you cannot deny her success.
I'm with you about the Beckhams. There are many more obnoxious people around; and if you consider what they do and say themselves - as opposed to what the press say about them - they are a couple of hard working well-intentioned people who by and large do no-one any harm and who have got there from very ordinary backgrounds. You can hardly blame them for being 'publicity hounds' when they are both employed by various worldwide brands to be the face of their products; and hugely successfully, too.
Give me the Beckhams every time over a couple of gurning, self-important, self-serving politicians.

snorri

Legendary Member
Despite all this 'choice' finding something that's actually worth sitting down to watch all the way through is more difficult..

So true:sad:.
Still let's look on the bright side. At least we get quality video now, not like in the old days when the only time we got a decent picture was when my father was up on the roof holding onto the tv aerial.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
So that would be the studios in Borehamwood then. Sorry to shatter peoples illusions that Walford really excists.:ohmy:
NOOOOOOOOOO!!

Yes, I know it isn't real, hence why I said THE SET, and they did it after the end of the normal day's proceedings. Apparently anyway.

......Where is Boreham wood anyway?

Which do you think was real, the torch relay or Eastenders?:rolleyes:

Neither really. You? The point is that with it being carted about the country with different torches and a choice of various flames, how much of it was really real anyway?

YahudaMoon

Über Member
The official Olympics program has just been issued with torch lighter inside

Whos lighting the flame ?

PaulB

Legendary Member
He's not but he's put a hell of a lot of effort into ensuring there is an Olympics here in London and for that I do not begrudge him his recognition for his contribution
I very seriously doubt he has contributed ANYthing to the cause of getting the Olympics to London. Mrs. Persil at his side, however, SHE'S the one pulling the strings there, he's far to dim to know how to be anything other than a face on a poster.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
I very seriously doubt he has contributed ANYthing to the cause of getting the Olympics to London. Mrs. Persil at his side, however, SHE'S the one pulling the strings there, he's far to dim to know how to be anything other than a face on a poster.

Who, Bruce Forsyth ? :sad:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I've just bet my house and the shirt on my back that the PEOPLE lighting the 'cauldron' or whatever it is will be a modern version of the tiller girls: seen here with Angela rippon on Morecambe & Wise. They will sidle on, legs kicking high, and the one holding the torch will peel off to the cauldron and light it. I reckon I'm on to a winner, me!!

Top Bottom