David Beckham is not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Who, Bruce Forsyth ? :sad:

No, PaulB. ;)

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I very seriously doubt he has contributed ANYthing to the cause of getting the Olympics to London. Mrs. Persil at his side, however, SHE'S the one pulling the strings there, he's far to dim to know how to be anything other than a face on a poster.

Glad you think the same about her, think back to when he was a Man U player and apparently Fergie loved him, but she was the bossy one, so Fergie binned him. No one messes Fergie about and stays at Old Trafford no matter how big you are.
I would reason she pushed him towards LA Galaxy as she could see the bright lights of Tinseltown.
Fair enough she had sucess with the Spice Girls, whatever your opinion of them is/was. But he has had a far longer time in the spotlight and it seems as a fading former star she could piggy back off his continued success.
Actually over the years I have come round to quite liking the guy, I know he isn't the sharpest tool, but he seems to have something about him that makes me respect him a bit. As for her well she was probably the least talented Spice Girl and didn't have a very sucessful solo career.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
hhhmmmm.... do I detect a hint-ette of jealousy in this thread?
david-beckham-armani.jpg

ASC1951

Guru
I have never met [Beckham], but relatives and friends of mine have and they were all impressed by his commitment to football - training, kids, facilities.
+1. And here is the captain of the GB Women's team about meeting him after their last win -
"I know it might sound a cliché but Beckham was lovely. He knew all about women's football and has been watching all our games so it's fair to say we went back to the athletes' village that night a happy bunch."

Top Bottom