David Duffield's cheese and wine report

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
"I was on holiday in a little French village last week, it was called, er, well ... to tell you the truth, I've forgotten, but it was a lovely place. If you are ever in the area, you should stay there, if you can work out where it was. Anyway - we got there a bit late but the owner of the guest house brought out the cheese trolley for us and opened a lovely bottle of the local red, which is called, er, well never mind, I'm sure that Jacques will remember if you ask him. It reminded me very much of a wine that I was drinking while I was watching the final stage time trial of the 1989 Tour de France. What a titanic tussle that was, when Armstrong beat Hinault to take the title by 10 minutes or so. I was so amazed that I jumped up and knocked over my wine! Damn shame, it was a fantastic little red number, very much like one I had the other night when I was stopping at a little village called, oh damn - my memory is getting worse every year - do bear with me, dear listener, er, oysters! No, the village wasn't called oysters, I had some at lunchtime and they are repeating on me. Where was I - oh yes, the cycling ..." :whistle:

BJH

Über Member
Presumably we can expect a new shock of doping in commentators.

Lightest was clearly on memory loss pills for years, or at least selective ones

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
You can't tell where Duffield ends, and Duffers begins. Having seen him deliver an after dinner speech I reckon he has difficulty working it out as well - but it is one heck of a party piece.

oldroadman

Veteran
You can't tell where Duffield ends, and Duffers begins. Having seen him deliver an after dinner speech I reckon he has difficulty working it out as well - but it is one heck of a party piece.
Laugh a minute, just never to be taken seriously, and actually a lovely bloke, if a little challenged on the memory, accuracy, staying on topic fronts at times.

Top Bottom