Dawes 1950's modernised frame - new arrival

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Bought yesterday locally, collected today - a 1950's Dawes 531 frame that's been modernised with widened stays, new chainstay and brake bosses (apparently by Woodrup's) and paint:

s-l1600.jpg

A few scrapes but looks good condition. It'll be option B in my backup plan for PBP. Option A's being collected on 25 June and looks like this:

s-l1600.jpg

And the main plan? This, and I've saved over a kg on already by changing the seatpost and saddle for one in stock, just by inserting at £3 sleeve ^_^ :

DSCF5552.JPG

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A couple of nice oldies there @DCLane

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

The raleigh sport could be an excellent restoration.
The Dawes also will turn out well in your hands.

I hope so given I've had to strip a Claud Butler Milano and an Ernie Clements this week, with all bits going on eBay over the next few days. The Claud Butler had no value in fixing it due to broken shifters and other parts needed. The Ernie Clements was a collection of parts but no decent wheels with the frame needing a re-paint.

The Dawes looks a nice prospect and the Raleigh's something different.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Just a brief heads up: due to the arrival of a Boardman Air frame I'm going to need to clear some space.

The Dawes frame has had wheels put on and been rolled round the garden for 2 months. As I'm just not going to have the time to build it due to work and (lack of) space it's going on sale shortly.

Top Bottom