Dawes Century SE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Blimey this threads that old I had a different username!
I would heartily recommend the Dawes if you can get one. I still have mine, I’ve used it for everything from the winter weekend bike to summer century rides and it was also the commuter bike for a couple of years.
It’s a triggers broom now, apart from the frame and forks every part has been changed/upgraded.
I’ve recently stripped it down, cleaned and rebuilt it and put it away till next winter.

13869195-01CA-4FEE-A0CC-D304F7D84CBA.jpeg

If I remember correctly the only difference between the century and clubman was groupset

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I bought a Dawes Clubman a couple of months ago to use as a winter/light tourer/general hack. I've done a couple of hundred miles on it so far and I'm very pleased with it. Comfortable ride and good looking. As a general everyday bike, it ticks all the boxes as far as I'm concerned.
I did a bit of haggling and got mine from Bike Shed in Barnstaple for £630 including two bottle cages.

http://www.bikesheduk.com/dawes-clubman?keywords=Dawes

20180325_114955.jpg

Last edited:

Goldie

Über Member
Thanks for your replies gents. Jayonabike, your Dawes' frame looks in great condition - is that down to you taking very good care of it or is as tough as old boots? Also, is yours a 60cm frame?

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike