Dawes Courier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Warny

Über Member
Hi all,

Picked up a Dawes before Christmas and have been trying to improve it since, it's a Courier which I believe is from 1951. Pretty original, it even had the whitewall tyres which had seen better days! Frame number is LS6697. Reynolds 531 frame with 3-speed S/A gears. Williams chainset, GB Hiduminium brakes and Ivorette mudguards. Phillips pedals with Strata toeclips and leather straps, working Miller dynamo lights and Sonn-Nett bell. Unfortunately the decals have faded and someone had painted over some of the chrome parts, but getting there with that. Not too many photo's online, I guess these are pretty rare now. Looking to find a new home for her so let me know if interested!

937.JPG

938.JPG

939.JPG

940.JPG

941.JPG

942.JPG

943.JPG

944.JPG

945.JPG

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Nice find. Good luck.

CTony

Regular
Very nice and original looking bike, similar to my 1952 Raleigh Lenton.
Hello,I’m trying to located a photos of Dawes head badges, between years 1951-1954,I‘ve seen Warny head badge.My goal is to place my Dawes bike year and model so far I haven’t seen one that is close.Any Help Would be greatly appreciate.Thank You.

Hello,I’m trying to located a photos of Dawes head badges, between years 1951-1954,I‘ve seen Warny head badge.My goal is to place my Dawes bike year and model so far I haven’t seen one that is close.Any Help Would be greatly appreciate.Thank You.
Have you posted a picture of your head badge ?

CTony

Regular
Have you posted a picture of your head badge ?
I’m uploading one today

Attachments

• D4474F6B-129A-46CA-A31E-D0A2C8D5D80A.jpeg
    D4474F6B-129A-46CA-A31E-D0A2C8D5D80A.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom