Dawes Courier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CTony

Regular
There does appear to be plenty of subtle variations in Dawes head badges in that era, which possibly overlap in years, so even if you find a match, it possibly doesnt date yours anyway

have you looked here for other ways to date it?
Yes I did some research and found catalogs. But, there was a gap between 1949 to 1955.The only real original parts are hand brakes GB and one rear caliper GB sport hiduminium and BB Baylis Wiley and B.W Track hub lug#RO6866.That what I have Frame has no extra brazed on for rear fenders.Does any of this help?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
There does appear to be plenty of subtle variations in Dawes head badges in that era, which possibly overlap in years, so even if you find a match, it possibly doesnt date yours anyway

have you looked here for other ways to date it?

1955-1961: 1st Model (version B) headbadge-1stmodel-versionb.jpg

• The head badge version of the pre-war transfer
  • Still a bit of a mystery this one, found on a V-serial Clansman (1955), B-serial (1958) and H-serial Dominate (1961). It is clear though that head badges of this model and the 1st model (as shown above) were used concurrently
This one matches the OP's.

CTony

Regular
Hello,Just wanted say Thank You to all that shared there thoughts on my post of Head-badge.I another question. when did Dawes start having cutouts in rear drops?My frame doesn’t have themThanks

T4tomo

Legendary Member
1955-1961: 1st Model (version B) View attachment 594142

• The head badge version of the pre-war transfer
  • Still a bit of a mystery this one, found on a V-serial Clansman (1955), B-serial (1958) and H-serial Dominate (1961). It is clear though that head badges of this model and the 1st model (as shown above) were used concurrently
This one matches is similar, but subtly different to the OP's.
This one matches is similar, but subtly different to the OP's.
fify
1623916467169.png
1623916523042.png

Top Bottom